This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Will i like Halo 4?

#1eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 3/20/2013 10:22:14 AM
So i found everything after Halo 2 pretty disappointing, so did the new devs turn Halo 4 into a better game than the last few?
---
Gamertag: iJustRich
#2JessicaJungxoPosted 3/20/2013 10:24:00 AM
most likely not. nothing really new other than graphics, enemies, weapons, and vehicles. still same gameplay.
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#3AWarAmp84Posted 3/20/2013 10:26:17 AM
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...
So i found everything after Halo 2 pretty disappointing, so did the new devs turn Halo 4 into a better game than the last few?

If you found everything after Halo 2 disappointing then no, you won't like it.
IMO H3>H2>Reach>H4>H:CE>ODST
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#4AWarAmp84Posted 3/20/2013 10:27:14 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
eLiTeRiChxUK posted...

If you found everything after Halo 2 disappointing then no, you won't like it.
IMO H3>H2>Reach>H4>H:CE>ODST

edit: When it comes to MP
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#5SunDevil77Posted 3/20/2013 10:28:52 AM
Halo CE=4 > Halo 3 > ODST > Reach > 2 in terms of campaign
---
175 burgers for $175...this country is winning.
#6JessicaJungxoPosted 3/20/2013 10:29:13 AM
Halo 3 didn't want to change the H2 formula, but put the game on a larger scale
Halo 3 ODST didn't want to change the H3 formula, but wanted to try a smaller scale
Halo Reach wanted to evolve the game into a grittier, more narrative game
Halo 4 tried to be the "comeback" game but 343 really let a lot of us down

Halo 2 > Halo ODST > Halo Reach > Halo 3 > Halo CE > Halo 4 (campaign)
Halo 2 > Halo 3 > Halo Reach > Halo 4 (online multiplayer)
---
PSN: Rutgers Student XBL: Jessica Jung xo
Now playing Demon's Souls! (at this rate, forever)
#7Delta ZeroPosted 3/20/2013 10:29:22 AM
I found it to be better than most Halo games. You won't know until you play it yourself, but I personally loved the story, the multiplayer and everything in between.

The new enemies can be annoying bastards, but that is mostly because they like to escape death and flank, and sometimes they are just overpowered with their snipers. Fun little buggers.

Multiplayer, loved the Spartan Ops, although they can become repetitive. They need to make it more streamlined and fluid, but it was fun with friends tackling an episode or two a night. The competitive Multiplayer lacks a big team objectives mode which was what I loved on previous games, but the customization is nice and the new load-outs and ordinance mechanics are pretty decent without breaking the balance much. New players will be limited but you can easily get a good load-out fast enough and the default will be decent enough unlike other games which start you severely under-powered (BF3 and CoD). They like to switch game modes around and keep things interesting.

I always recommend the game.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/xXDelta%20ZeroXx/tempo/card.png
#8CrimsonCorpPosted 3/20/2013 10:30:19 AM
Campaign or multiplayer?

Campaign wise, The narrative is a huge improvement. The Chief talks much more, while still retaining his awesomeness. Graphics are beautiful, and a cool enemy is introduced.
The ending however.... it's not bad, but just confusing. I still am not sure what that final monologue was all about. (don't worry, won't spoil it) Not sure where the trilogy will go from there.

MP: it's very fun. But the ordnance drops are too similar to killstreaks. Basically, really good players get rewarded and get even better. There is therefore no urgency to race to acquire power weapons, because there are none aside from the drops.

The multiplayer is too focused on precision weapons imo, making all weapons except DMRs and BRs ineffective most of the time.
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"