This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Buy it, Rent it, or F*** it: The Walking Dead Survival Instinct

#41Killah PriestPosted 3/21/2013 10:52:40 AM
I never heard anyone say that.

most people said it was GOTY because people felt that liking that game made them "superior" because its not a "run and gun FPS"
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#42RPG_ApostlePosted 3/21/2013 10:56:41 AM
Bcowman posted...
Remember when TWD won that GOTY award and all those people crawled out of the woodwork yelling "It only won because it's The Walking Dead! You can slap that name on anything and people will go nuts for it!"

Yeeeeeeeah.

Turns out that something has to be quality for it to be good, regardless of the title.

For example, remember the Spiderman games based on the movies? Spiderman 1 and 2 were pretty good games. And people liked them.

Remember that Ironman game based on that awesome movie? Yeah, that game sucked more ass than The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct.

Think we've proven our points, Bcowman.
---
Then mark him if he violates the rules and shut up. Baseman, GameFAQs Moderator
#43horror_spooky(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:47:47 AM
Telltale's The Walking Dead getting GOTY is a pretty big joke to me still. I liked every episode, but GOTY? Please.
---
Just when they think they have all the answers, I change the questions.
www.cheatmasters.com
#44glassghost0Posted 3/25/2013 4:42:43 AM
I have to disagree. I rented it from Redbox and beat it yesterday. I don't think it's that bad. I actually want to buy it now.

Got a nice Oregon Trail vibe from it. And I love stealth games, and the stealth in this one works surprisingly well. As for the checkpoint system, don't know why you even needed that, I think I died 2-3 times and that was just because I was being stupid, but it just placed me back right where I died at.

Now of course this isn't an amazing game by any means, but I'm enjoying it far more than some games I've played.

-Voice work is nice, Norman Reedus and Michael Rooker were good
-Branching paths, let's you visit different locations/find different survivors offering replay value
-I didn't feel like it was that short, maybe that was me taking my time and not rushing (Raptr has 14 hours tracked for me. I did replay the last mission 3 times I think, and the 1st 3-4 maybe, for the achievements, but those couldn't have added that much time.)
-Does reuse the minor locations (scavenge and breakdown areas)
-The weapons were all satisfying to use, except the hunting knife, I would've liked to have been able to drop it for more space.
-Going with above, it would have been nice if each weapon had it's own execution rather than Daryl always switching to the knife
-Really isn't much of a story, and the ending doesn't feel that exciting
-Some weird design decisions (Like Merle being highlighted in the menu, but being barely visible off screen)

Overall, I feel like some people might be surprised if they give this game a chance. Even thought I think scores are stupid, I'd give it a 6/7 out of 10
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428