This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Bioware have to f*** up ME3's ending....

#1Oakland510_Posted 3/21/2013 1:38:54 AM
This series could've been up there with MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series, the old Blizzard games, etc. in terms of legendary series status but now it will be just an average series that people will forget in 5 years. That's how bad an ending can affect an entire series because it was just that horrific.
#2FenriswolfPosted 3/21/2013 1:41:19 AM
That's what selling yourself to EA does to your series.
---
Hello
#3DarkSymbiotePosted 3/21/2013 1:50:53 AM
Because Casey Hudsun and Mac Walters wanted to prove that games are art. In 2012.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#4vigorm0rtisPosted 3/21/2013 1:54:15 AM
If the end ruined the whole journey for you, that's kind of stupid. Then again, MGS stories are ridiculous all the way through, so I don't get why you let it bother you in one series and not another.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#5SomnambulisticPosted 3/21/2013 1:55:45 AM
People are still going on about this? It's been over a year at this point. There's only so much overblown butthurt megarage that can be sent out before you get your posting privileges revoked, ya know.
---
I saw the storm reach from the sky to the ground
As dark as the day was bright
#6Super CreaturesPosted 3/21/2013 2:03:12 AM
Oakland510_ posted...
Why did Bioware have to f*** up ME3's ending....

To piss of all the whiny little ****s.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#7popping4itPosted 3/21/2013 2:18:00 AM
sell moar dlc
---
whens mahvel?
#8vigorm0rtisPosted 3/21/2013 2:38:17 AM
popping4it posted...
sell moar dlc

That's why they gave out the extended ending free, I suppose.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#9yankeefan03Posted 3/21/2013 3:19:29 AM
Oakland510_ posted...
This series could've been up there with MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series, the old Blizzard games, etc. in terms of legendary series status but now it will be just an average series that people will forget in 5 years. That's how bad an ending can affect an entire series because it was just that horrific.

This sounded extremely dramatic.
---
"Ummm... Brotherhood was in Rome, not Italy."
X-Box Live Gamertag--GageIsLegend
#10CyricsServantPosted 3/21/2013 3:27:08 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
popping4it posted...
sell moar dlc

That's why they gave out the extended ending free, I suppose.

I actually did hear the "sell more DLC" theory from some reviewers during a live blog.

It's true that Javik, the last of the protheans, provides a lot of backstory and context that helps you better understand the antagonists, especially during the mission to the Asari home-world.

Then there's the Leviathan DLC that makes the ending somewhat coherent, though it doesn't remove some of the more annoying plotholes and contrivances.

I don't think wanting to "sell more DLC" is the reason for the **** ending, but I can't completely discount it either.