This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Bioware have to f*** up ME3's ending....

#11CyricsServantPosted 3/21/2013 4:37:03 AM(edited)
yankeefan03 posted...
Oakland510_ posted...
This series could've been up there with MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series, the old Blizzard games, etc. in terms of legendary series status but now it will be just an average series that people will forget in 5 years. That's how bad an ending can affect an entire series because it was just that horrific.

This sounded extremely dramatic.

That is really over the top. Personally, ME3 is still in my top 5 games list for 2012.

I will say this though, ME3 completely killed my enthusiasm for doing a second run through the series. Not only is the ending unsatisfying, but the game's illusion of choice and consequence is pretty effectively dispelled (e.g. spared the Rachni queen in ME1? Meet up with her again! Killed the Rachni queen in ME1? . . . er . . . Meet up with her again!).
#12Terry-bogardPosted 3/21/2013 4:39:28 AM
MAss Effect 3 ending is fine if you have the extended cut.
The original was incomplete.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#13656stoogePosted 3/21/2013 4:40:40 AM
vigorm0rtis posted...
popping4it posted...
sell moar dlc

That's why they gave out the extended ending free, I suppose.

Trust me. That DLC was intended to be paid DLC. They just weren't expecting that amount of backlash and charging for it after that reaction would have cost them a ton of fans.
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#14CyricsServantPosted 3/21/2013 4:48:01 AM(edited)
Terry-bogard posted...
MAss Effect 3 ending is fine if you have the extended cut.
The original was incomplete.

It's a lot better with the extended cut. It's actually pretty satisfying.

The Reapers' motivation is still incredibly dumb though. They should have stuck with the whole "we're Eldritch Abominations and we need to liquify you into organic slurpees to make more Reapers" angle . . . or they should have stuck with the Gurren Laagan (e.g. Dark Energy) ending they originally had.

Instead, they went with something incredibly pretentious and stupid . . . imo.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-s1AsUICbAIU/T2y8txLYyiI/AAAAAAAABOk/Vpew44_zXBQ/s1600/f95.jpg
#15bladegash666Posted 3/21/2013 5:01:05 AM
It was an average series before ME3 TC. Don't be blind like 98% of GFAQS.

That's what selling yourself to EA does to your series.

^
---
"People said, "if you don't like DmC, don't buy it or play it." Why feel blame when you did as you were asked?" - NostalgiaRules
#16ponderingcowPosted 3/21/2013 5:10:18 AM
When they made mass effect 2 it had no chance of being a top series
#17EliteGuard99Posted 3/21/2013 6:03:58 AM
Oakland510_ posted...
This series could've been up there with MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series,the old Blizzard games, etc. in terms of legendary series status but now it will be just an average series that people will forget in 5 years. That's how bad an ending can affect an entire series because it was just that horrific.

Way to lower the bar TC.
---
When the vocal part of the playerbase also has barely room-temp IQ collectively I'm quite happy that Riot doesn't listen to public opinion. - Voidgolem
#18GeistPosted 3/21/2013 6:05:54 AM
I liked the endings myself.
---
Nintendo is to gaming what Nerf is to sports.
#19Dragon NexusPosted 3/21/2013 6:08:31 AM
If the end ruined the whole journey for you, that's kind of stupid. Then again, MGS stories are ridiculous all the way through, so I don't get why you let it bother you in one series and not another.

Sorry, but if I have a great journey on the mystery tour and find the destination is a two week holiday in Swindon, I am gonna complain about it.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#20SunDevil77Posted 3/21/2013 6:15:26 AM
Oakland510_ posted...
This series could've been up there with MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series, the old Blizzard games, etc. in terms of legendary series status

And it will be.
---
175 burgers for $175...this country is winning.