This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Bioware have to f*** up ME3's ending....

#71FFTHEWINNERPosted 3/22/2013 7:25:44 PM
Winternova posted...
mtjormitch posted...
People need to realize that games are art. Seriously, it's been proven over and over again.

Do you go up to painters and criticize their choice of color or brush stroke or perspective?

best.reply.ever.XD.
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#72FFTHEWINNERPosted 3/22/2013 7:27:23 PM
BlueJester007 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
KotOR II.

WORST ENDING EVAR!

According to FFtheWINNER

why did you not capitalize the "the" in my username?

Also,thanks 4 the support banana ;).
---
WHO AM I?FFTHEWINNER. WHO ARE YOU?URTHELOSER
http://i.imgur.com/xgSex.png
#73CammyApplePosted 3/22/2013 7:48:47 PM
FFTHEWINNER posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
KotOR II.

WORST ENDING EVAR!

According to FFtheWINNER

why did you not capitalize the "the" in my username?

Also,thanks 4 the support banana ;).

It was covered that KotOR 2 wasn't a Bioware game right?
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#74Deathx113Posted 3/22/2013 7:59:11 PM
I like the ending, from what I read. Haven't actually played 3. >_>

Sometimes people die, sometimes a lot of people die. If what I read was true, you and your entire time die, more or less. I like it. What other game kills off its main cast? Not many. They may kill off 1 or 2, or even a few, but everything always has to end happily.

Maybe I'll think the ending sucks when I get to the third game, but from what I read I like it.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#75CyricsServantPosted 3/22/2013 8:34:55 PM(edited)
Deathx113 posted...

Sometimes people die, sometimes a lot of people die. If what I read was true, you and your entire time die, more or less. I like it. What other game kills off its main cast? Not many. They may kill off 1 or 2, or even a few, but everything always has to end happily.

Maybe I'll think the ending sucks when I get to the third game, but from what I read I like it.

You read wrong.

To a certain extent, the absence of certain deaths bugged me. And based on your interpretation of two of the endings, it could be argued that no one important dies. I suppose if you choose the "Refuse" option or choose not to gather enough EMS points you can get the ending you mentioned, but it will probably feel more like a glorified "Game Over" than an actual ending.
#76Deathx113Posted 3/22/2013 8:59:16 PM
CyricsServant posted...
Deathx113 posted...

You read wrong.

To a certain extent, the absence of certain deaths bugged me. And based on your interpretation of two of the endings, it could be argued that no one important dies. I suppose if you choose the "Refuse" option or choose not to gather enough EMS points you can get the ending you mentioned, but it will probably feel more like a glorified "Game Over" than an actual ending.

you get three choices:
1: Kill all synthetics in the galaxy. All the reapers / geth / AIs (including EDI) ect DIE, and the mass relays are all blown up. Galaxy travel is broken forever, and your team all get stranded without you on some unknown world. Shepard lives, though.

2: Make the reapers GTFO: All the reapers are reprogramed into going back to dark space and staying there forever. Your team still get stuck on that unknown world without you, but the relay network and the citadel aren't destroyed. BUT- shepard dies.

3: Merge machines and living all over the galaxy. The reapers are reprogrammed like above, and somehow through the citadel all organic life is partially combined with machines, bringing about some weird singularity thingy the reapers wanted to prevent. The machines become partly organic, too, and supposedly they can all live in harmony. Your team STILL get stuck on the crapthole unknown world (they're all partly cybernetic now, though, and edi has a semi-organic body, and she hugs joker), and the relay network / citadel are still broken, and so like in the first one, galactic civilization is ended. Also, shepard dies.

So that's wrong?
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#77PokeLord473Posted 3/22/2013 10:09:58 PM
If you play a paragon Shepard, all the ending choices f*** you over in their own special way.

Destroy- Kill a friend and commit genocide
Control- Become the enemy
Synthesis- Don't even get me started
Refuse- Just.......lol

---
Dust 514 One Universe // One War
Proud member of ZionTCD http://ziontcd.enjin.com/
#78WinternovaPosted 3/22/2013 10:20:15 PM
PokeLord473 posted...
Synthesis- Don't even get me started

Why? Because you don't have a point to make? No cogent argument? Don't want to expose yourself to ridicule?
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#79WinternovaPosted 3/22/2013 10:20:47 PM
Deathx113 posted...
So that's wrong?

That's only the non-Extended Cut endings.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#80CyricsServantPosted 3/23/2013 5:14:26 AM
Deathx113 posted...

So that's wrong?

I had a different interpretation for all of the endings, but they're all ambiguous enough that people can reach different, reasonable conclusions. For instance, I'd argue Shepard dies in Destroy and lives in Control.

In the original Destroy ending I'd argue that the vast majority of organic life dies when the mass-relays explode. Because of the presence of the Charon Relay in the Sol system, it's not entirely clear whether the Earth is saved or blown up. I think it's implied you sacrifice Earth and everyone on it to kill the Reapers. Because some people have reported EDI disembarking from the Normandy in their ending (glitch?) and you never see the Geth die, it is not entirely clear whether all synthetic life dies. It's possible the Reaper leader was lying to you or simply misinformed. There is no epilogue to clarify any of these points.

In Control, again, I'd argue that Shepard lives. He's just space magic'd into being an AI. You could argue it's just his "personality and memories" getting space magic'd, but this scene is once again opened to interpretation. If you really wanted to, you could argue Shepard has been dead since the first five minutes of ME2. What Shepard does with the Reapers in the original Control ending is not made clear. Post-EC he uses them for the benefit of the Galaxy or to keep the Galaxy under his thumb, depending on whether you were a Paragon or an ass.

Your summary of the Synthesis ending is pretty dead on except for the part about the Reapers wanting to prevent it. Some would argue it was their goal all along, and that they attempted it themselves with Saren, the husks, etc. The Crucible just provided them with a new, more refined version of synthesis that wasn't an option to them previously. The Reaper leader (i.e. the Catalyst) is very insistent you choose Synthesis, as he believes its the best solution for everyone, including the Reapers.

In all three pre-EC endings, the Normandy and crew are blown up or stranded on Gilligan's Isla - . . . Planet. In the post-EC endings they don't get stranded. Like I mentioned before, the fact that the crew members who charged the beam with you survive frustrates me . . . but that's a whole other can of worms.