This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why did Bioware have to f*** up ME3's ending....

#81RssNGuyPosted 3/23/2013 6:36:35 AM
656stooge posted...
The reason for lies was clearly EA. I'm sure it was never Bioware's original intention to end the game in such a way, but you can bet EA made them change the ending to accommodate DLC and future sequels.

This happens time and time again in the movie industry and I'm sure isn't any different in the gaming industry. (Obviously referring to sequels and not DLC)

I think that this ending made it a lot harder to create future sequels ...
---
Pokemon Platinum FC: 5330 0337 4905
#82jsplisimPosted 3/23/2013 6:39:14 AM
BlueJester007 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
ME3's ending is the worst ending in story-telling history.

Absolutely f***ing not.

It is too.

Seinfeld.

Firefly.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
---
What it is big momma? My momma didnt raise no dummies, I dug her rap!
#83barrysshoesPosted 3/23/2013 6:53:39 AM
RssNGuy posted...
656stooge posted...
The reason for lies was clearly EA. I'm sure it was never Bioware's original intention to end the game in such a way, but you can bet EA made them change the ending to accommodate DLC and future sequels.

This happens time and time again in the movie industry and I'm sure isn't any different in the gaming industry. (Obviously referring to sequels and not DLC)

I think that this ending made it a lot harder to create future sequels ...

This ending made it easier to create sequels because it left a ton of questions unanswered. EA/Bioware can go literally any direction with the next game and BS their way through it and it will still make sense because of ME3's horrible ending.
#84BlueJester007Posted 3/23/2013 10:47:51 AM
jsplisim posted...
BlueJester007 posted...
Firefly.

YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

It's a good show. Damn good. But it did not even get an ending let alone a season finale. Unless you consider Serenity to be the ending.
---
Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em.
Zoe: Shoot 'em? Mal: Politely.
#85TheAnalogKid06Posted 3/23/2013 11:06:18 AM
oasisbeyond posted...
MGS series, Final Fantasy series, GTA series,the old Blizzard games,
Yeah cuz every MGS was amazing...
Cuz every FF game was amazing...
Cuz Every GTA game was amazing...

Every MGS game and GTA game starting with GTA 3 on consoles was amazing though....

On topic, I had far less of an issue with the ending after the extended cut. Before that I thought the ending to Ghosts n Goblins was a more satisfying ending. The ending before the extended cut was an insulting abomination.
---
GT: TheAnalogKid06
#86robat223Posted 3/23/2013 1:29:57 PM
Looks to me that they succeeded. People are still talking about the ending. Nobody talks about KOTOR's ending.
---
Gamertag= Robat93
PSN= thegreatusurper
#87Awesomely Awesome AJPosted 3/23/2013 2:06:53 PM
As much as I hate the ending of Mass Effect 3, I love the game and the series as a whole.

But the whole 'artistic integrity' argument was just damn dumb and games shouldn't try to be art.
---
3DS 1160-9716-6904 Gamer Tag: AwesomeAJ x8
http://thechive.files.wordpress.com/2010/10/heaven.gif?w=504&h=285
#88PokeLord473Posted 3/23/2013 5:50:54 PM(edited)
Winternova posted...
PokeLord473 posted...
Synthesis- Don't even get me started

Why? Because you don't have a point to make? No cogent argument? Don't want to expose yourself to ridicule?

Let me guess, you actually approve of genetically raping the galaxy? Then we have nothing to talk about. You disgust me.

- Forcing everyone to suddenly become friends with the monsters that slaughtered their families. Having husks, banshees, and brutes become aware of the horrors they were turned into. This sounds optimal to you?
---
Dust 514 One Universe // One War
Proud member of ZionTCD http://ziontcd.enjin.com/
#89CammyApplePosted 3/23/2013 5:49:46 PM
PokeLord473 posted...
Winternova posted...
PokeLord473 posted...
Synthesis- Don't even get me started

Why? Because you don't have a point to make? No cogent argument? Don't want to expose yourself to ridicule?

Let me guess, you actually approve of genetically r**ing the galaxy? Then we have nothing to talk about. You disgust me.

What does "r**ing" mean? Raping? You can type that.
---
Everything's shiny, Cap'n. Not to fret.
#90PokeLord473Posted 3/23/2013 5:52:36 PM(edited)
Whatever, I thought it was a no-no word on GFAQS.

Synthesis is disgusting in so many ways.
---
Dust 514 One Universe // One War
Proud member of ZionTCD http://ziontcd.enjin.com/