This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Modded controllers, how?

#1OverburdenedPosted 3/21/2013 2:48:45 AM
Can't look on google or anything sorry, in work.

Just wondering how people make them, (not for cheating, just for looks)
Was on reddit before I left and saw loads of different coloured controllers people had made.

Is there a website you order the bits you'd like, then you just open the controller up and make it how you like?
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#2DarkSymbiotePosted 3/21/2013 3:14:42 AM
Modded controllers are those that have been modified to register a button being mashed multiple times quickly even if you've only pressed it once (like in fighting games) or activating multiple button functions with the push of one.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#3Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 3:23:28 AM
I see, so what do I mean, how do I change the aesthetics? Colours of the pa itself, say I wante a orange control wih all the buttons black. How would I go about doing that?
---
#4Damn_DeaditePosted 3/21/2013 4:23:16 AM
Overburdened posted...
I see, so what do I mean, how do I change the aesthetics? Colours of the pa itself, say I wante a orange control wih all the buttons black. How would I go about doing that?

Go to Amazon and search 'custom xbox 360 controller parts'
---
Herrehkhan313
I'll swallow your soul!
#5woodymPosted 3/21/2013 4:46:04 AM
Put some stickers of your favourite cartoon and there you go a custom made controller that represents your inner self.
---
Aye Aye.
#6Overburdened(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:50:25 AM
woodym posted...
Put some stickers of your favourite cartoon and there you go a custom made controller that represents your inner self.

That's a neat idea, thanks :).

I've drawn on my previous ones with sharpies, but quite fancy making my own, partly for something to do, and to have a cool coloured controller after.
---
#7Darkest_EvilPosted 3/21/2013 5:16:29 AM
The controller has a shell case...
you buy a special screw driver and look on youtube where the holes are..
(one secret hole by battery pack with a screw under sticker)

Take it all appart and remember how you did it or take a picture of the layout inside so you can reassemble it..

Now you have the shell of both inside and out.. you can mix the shells with other colors you have.. ie: black and white, red and blue..
or simply buy spray paint and make it gold, silver etc...

Make sure its the right paint.. might need to be acrylic?

Let it dry properly and then reassmble...

Walla... gold controller

If you want a rapid fire one theres a kid people order and you need to soldier it...
otherwise go to walmart and buy a datel or 3rd party one with rapid fire...
---
http://castleminerz.freeforums.org/index.php
#8TheBlueStigPosted 3/21/2013 7:15:19 AM
Painting a controller is a waste of time, no matter what kind of paint you use it's going to rub off and then it looks like s***.

It's better to find a white controller shell and use plastic die to get it the color you want, that sinks into the plastic and stays there.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin