This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I get why people bag on CoD but why Halo?

#21ScymitePosted 3/21/2013 7:29:01 AM
Because Halo deserves more respect than CoD
But Cod is more popular

So people hate on something that is more popular than it deserves to be.

This is true for all things
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#22Kano92Posted 3/21/2013 7:30:24 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#23sliceanddice375Posted 3/21/2013 8:21:49 AM
casedawgz posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Halo 3 = 2007
Halo Wars = 2009
Halo 3: ODST = 2009
Halo: Reach = 2010
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary = 2011
Halo 4 = 2012

CoD4 = 2007
CoD: WaW = 2008
CoD: MW2 = 2009
CoD: Black Ops = 2010
CoD: MW3 = 2011
CoD: Black Ops 2 = 2012

Both have had six games in the past six years which is why, if they wanted to keep the series great they should have need after Halo 3, but money is a powerful thing. The same thing happened with the Assassin's Creed series.

Money > Legacy

An expansion, an RTS, and a rerelease of the original don't really count.

---
"mr slice seems rather badass as well. :D" - melodyrainbow
#24BeastLeeAdamsPosted 3/21/2013 10:15:30 AM
sliceanddice375 posted...
casedawgz posted...
BeastLeeAdams posted...
Halo 3 = 2007
Halo Wars = 2009
Halo 3: ODST = 2009
Halo: Reach = 2010
Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary = 2011
Halo 4 = 2012

CoD4 = 2007
CoD: WaW = 2008
CoD: MW2 = 2009
CoD: Black Ops = 2010
CoD: MW3 = 2011
CoD: Black Ops 2 = 2012

Both have had six games in the past six years which is why, if they wanted to keep the series great they should have need after Halo 3, but money is a powerful thing. The same thing happened with the Assassin's Creed series.

Money > Legacy

An expansion, an RTS, and a rerelease of the original don't really count.

Expansion? Which one is that? Halo 3: ODST was a full game, but with Halo's 3 multiplayer, it was also sold for $60. An RTS counts, but I will give the Halo series that, at least they did something relatively different. A rerelease counts, don't know why it wouldn't.
---
I think everyone in the gaming world weather you are a Nintendrone, Sony Pony, Xbot or part of the Master Race can agree that Pachter should be fired.
#25ponderingcowPosted 3/21/2013 10:44:16 AM
Haloz iz da greatestestest game evarrrrrr it can do no wrong if ya hate it ya a n00b that hates all popular things and jelly it has the best storyzz in all histories of the world only the bible can get close to the great story of halo

Did I do it right?
#26buddhamonsterPosted 3/21/2013 10:47:50 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
It's because after the last few COD games, Halo looks like the game of the year as far a quality goes. COD is going down hill and Halo is somehow staying afloat. IMO they're both mediocre games though and have both lost their touch.

>shatters sales records every year

Look, it's in a decline!
---
Hey Trashcan Man! What did old lady Semple say when you burned her pension check?
Boston Bruins - 2011 Stanley Cup Champs!
#27SparkItUpPosted 3/21/2013 10:49:23 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
It seems like in the past 2 years Halo has gotten less flack. Especially since 343 made a stellar campaign for Halo 4, with a rich backstory.

People still hate on it because it's popular, and it's a FPS...but less people.

to be fair, some of us really didn't dig it as a series from the start. I won't lie, it is what made me switch from PS2 - Xbox, but really as a whole the series just wasn't for me. I won't say that it lacks this or lacks that, but it just simply wasn't for me.
---
http://youtu.be/HR8Ia6vyV5Q
She's an endless war, she's a hero for the lost cause,Like a hurricane in the heart of the devastation
#28SunDevil77Posted 3/21/2013 10:51:04 AM
ponderingcow posted...
Haloz iz da greatestestest game evarrrrrr it can do no wrong if ya hate it ya a n00b that hates all popular things and jelly it has the best storyzz in all histories of the world only the bible can get close to the great story of halo

Did I do it right?

Do what? Be a tool? You nailed it!
---
175 burgers for $175...this country is winning.
#29AWarAmp84Posted 3/21/2013 10:53:31 AM
buddhamonster posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
It's because after the last few COD games, Halo looks like the game of the year as far a quality goes. COD is going down hill and Halo is somehow staying afloat. IMO they're both mediocre games though and have both lost their touch.

>shatters sales records every year

Look, it's in a decline!

>looks at my original post and reads "as far a quality goes".

Learn to read.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#30ponderingcowPosted 3/21/2013 10:56:56 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
ponderingcow posted...

Did I do it right?

Do what? Be a tool? You nailed it!

Yay I fit in