This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Origins of the TeaBag?

#51mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 4:34:45 PM
Sheepinator posted...
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
yungtwizz posted...
Sheepinator posted...
I find it highly ironic that supposed red blooded anti-gay young men who are probably of the type to send homophobic messages and mic comments, also derive such pleasure from placing their testicles in the mouths of other men.

I also find it ironic when a guy does it during one of the last kills of a match... which he and/or his team has lost.

^

I don't get what makes someone who teabags(a physical version of saying "gotcha") anti gay. What an utterly ridiculous assumption.

First of all, if I want to say "gotcha" I will say "gotcha", I won't try to stick my testicles down some guys throat. Second, two things are common on Live: teabagging, and young "I love women honestly I do" men, and clearly a large intersection of those groups thinks about their balls in other mens mouths. It reminds me of that old saying about protesting too much.

Sounds more like a personal problem based on insecurity. Loosen up and have some fun guy. No one is putting real testicles in anyones mouth.
---
I love video games : )
#52TheBlueStigPosted 3/21/2013 5:17:55 PM
Deathx113 posted...
I never said anything about 'small part of the gaming population'. If you can point out where I did I will gladly close my account.

Here's your own words....

Being popular in a small set amount of people, and being popular are 2 WAAAAAY different things.

"small set amount of people"

That's the same thing as "small part of the gaming population"

Halo made it popular. Not Quake.

Whether it started it is a different story.

There were online FPS games on PC with crouching and teabagging that were POPULAR before Halo, so Halo doesn't get that credit, period.

You're just as bad as all the Nintendrones who think Nintendo invented the entire gaming industry when they really didn't.

In a topic about the ORIGINS of something, whoever made that thing popular doesn't mean jack s***, only the FIRST one to do something actually counts. That even means no analog stick credit for Nintendo, they didn't do it first.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#53StealthyVlad101Posted 3/21/2013 5:24:02 PM
I doubt it originated in Quake either.
---
There are many worlds, but they all share the same sky, one sky one wish. GT and PSN: StealthyVlad
#54Deathx113Posted 3/21/2013 5:26:38 PM(edited)
TheBlueStig posted...
Deathx113 posted...
I never said anything about 'small part of the gaming population'. If you can point out where I did I will gladly close my account.

Here's your own words....

Being popular in a small set amount of people, and being popular are 2 WAAAAAY different things.

"small set amount of people"

That's the same thing as "small part of the gaming population"

Halo made it popular. Not Quake.

Whether it started it is a different story.

There were online FPS games on PC with crouching and teabagging that were POPULAR before Halo, so Halo doesn't get that credit, period.

You're just as bad as all the Nintendrones who think Nintendo invented the entire gaming industry when they really didn't.

In a topic about the ORIGINS of something, whoever made that thing popular doesn't mean jack s***, only the FIRST one to do something actually counts. That even means no analog stick credit for Nintendo, they didn't do it first.

*Facepalm*

Why would I expect any different from you.

How many people in the world do you consider gamers? 5 billion? 6 billion? News Flash, gaming isn't THAT big of a thing. >_>

You don't even know what you're arguing! You're just spouting out crap so you can get a post in, lol.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#55TheBlueStigPosted 3/21/2013 5:34:47 PM
Deathx113 posted...
How many people in the world do you consider gamers? 5 billion? 6 billion? News Flash, gaming isn't THAT big of a thing. >_>

Last I checked, gaming is making almost as much money per year as movies are.

The last guestimation of the gaming population in the USA alone is over 250 Million, and that was years ago before the onset of cellphone gaming, so it's quite a bit more now with more people getting introduced to gaming on almost every digital device.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#56mrhappyguy12345(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 5:36:42 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Deathx113 posted...

Last I checked, gaming is making almost as much money per year as movies are.

The last guestimation of the gaming population in the USA alone is over 250 Million, and that was years ago before the onset of cellphone gaming, so it's quite a bit more now with more people getting introduced to gaming on almost every digital device.

I think last year games surpassed movies for total industry revenue.
---
I love video games : )
#57JDGfootmanPosted 3/21/2013 5:46:33 PM
Well I imagine the first caveman getting the first blowy communicated via a series of grunts and gestures, that "hey, theres more down there than just the centerpiece".
#58MostlySlowJoePosted 3/21/2013 6:41:33 PM
SOOOOOOOOOO MANY NOOOOOOOOBS.....quake 1 and 2 HAD NO DUCK / CROUCH BUTTON. Quake 3 did BUT it came after the mod (yes tea bagging started in a mod ) called.........

DRUMROLL PLZ?

Counter strike. I can not believe no one knew this.
#59CrimsonCorpPosted 3/21/2013 6:49:26 PM
We need Kotaku to write an editorial about it. After all, they just finished one about gamers' fascination with Penises....
---
"In the Grim Darkness of the far future... there is only awesome"
#60TheBlueStigPosted 3/21/2013 6:53:17 PM
MostlySlowJoe posted...
quake 1 and 2 HAD NO DUCK / CROUCH BUTTON. Quake 3 did BUT it came after the mod (yes tea bagging started in a mod ) called.........

Every quake had crouch as standard in the game, no mods needed.

The opening gameplay demo in Quake 1 shows that crouch is NEEDED to get past certain obstacles.

You need the crouch button in Quake 2 within two minutes of the game starting, you turn a few corners and you need crouch to get under an obstacle to get the shotgun.

And CounterStrike was not a Quake mod, it was a Half-Life mod, HL came AFTER Quake.

Fail Harder.
---
Ben Franklin