This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Your favorite Halo of all-time (core titles)

#1fiasco86Posted 3/21/2013 11:26:26 AM(edited)
Which of the core entries in the Halo franchise is your favorite of all-time? - Results (222 votes)
Halo: Combat Evolved
27.48% (61 votes)
Halo 2
22.97% (51 votes)
Halo 3
21.62% (48 votes)
Halo: Reach
14.86% (33 votes)
Halo 4
13.06% (29 votes)
This poll is now closed.
Now that we've had time for Halo 4 hype to die down a bit and for everyone to get a good feel for the game, I thought it would be interesting to see how the Halo titles match up against each other.

If you've only played 1 or 2 Halo games, you probably shouldn't vote.

My personal ranking:
H1 >>>>> Reach > H4 > H3 >>> H2
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#2Arucard05Posted 3/21/2013 11:25:32 AM
Based only on the campaigns, Reach is my favorite. Followed by ODST, then CE.
---
I'm not a fan of old women that are scared of their pot going cold but I still loved Deadly Premonition - HeLeeham
#3fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:27:31 AM
Arucard05 posted...
Based only on the campaigns, Reach is my favorite. Followed by ODST, then CE.

Yeah, Reach has an awesome campaign. That's a lot of the reason I rank it so high. The other is Anniversary Classic.
---
#4SunDevil77Posted 3/21/2013 11:29:01 AM
For me, taking everything into consideration (MP/Story/Music/Characters/etc)
Halo 2=4>Halo 3>Halo CE>Reach
---
175 burgers for $175...this country is winning.
#5fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:33:58 AM
Halo 3's gettin a lot of love.
---
#6HaloODSTDPosted 3/21/2013 11:50:57 AM
How is Halo ODST not a core title? It's campaign was so awesome
---
GT: Jessica Jung xo (Gears 2, Halo 4)
PSN: Rutgers Student (Demon's Souls, Binary Domain)
#7all_that_juicePosted 3/21/2013 11:57:20 AM
Where's ODST? I hate how everyone just automatically assumes no one liked ODST and everyone liked 3 and Reach. I hate how they exclude ODST from consideration in Halo related polls like it's the bastard stepchild of the Halo series that no one wants to admit exists or something. So lame....
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3BNUcXc9aBI
#8fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 12:52:52 PM
HaloODSTD posted...
How is Halo ODST not a core title? It's campaign was so awesome

all_that_juice posted...
Where's ODST? I hate how everyone just automatically assumes no one liked ODST and everyone liked 3 and Reach. I hate how they exclude ODST from consideration in Halo related polls like it's the bastard stepchild of the Halo series that no one wants to admit exists or something. So lame....

Hate it or love it, ODST is not a core Halo title. It is an expansion of Halo 3. It doesn't follow the story of MC or any other Spartans, and doesn't have it's own multiplayer. I'm not shafting ODST here, any more than I am shafting Halo Wars or CEA (which I love). I enjoyed ODST, but no matter how you feel about it, it's not a core Halo title.
---
#9Dragon NexusPosted 3/21/2013 1:17:28 PM(edited)
I just have too much of a nostalgia buzz for Halo 1 to vote for anything else.
I love the whole series, but I just have so many fond memories of Halo 1, playing co-op, running through on legendary, speculating about the story and what might happen next (bad idea, btw, because the sequel never matches the 'awesome' story you came up with thus leading to disappointment).

Halo 2 was meh to me. I liked Halo 3 a lot, ODST had a pretty good campaign, a different take on the gameplay and story style (even if I didn't like the cartoony animations in the cutscenes) and Reach had a very meaningful story enhanced by taking my spartan into battle and wanting her to survive, not some faceless, near-voiceless "somebody".

Halo 4 was good as well, but it had a real shift of tone which...I dunno, it's not a *bad* decision by any means, it's not like they went all Call of Duty on us with splosions and popcorn storytelling, it was still Halo but the brightly coloured pantomime went a bit more serious somewhere. Again, not a bad thing I still enjoyed it, but after playing Halo:CE Anniversary a month before, the difference really shone through.

Hate it or love it, ODST is not a core Halo title. It is an expansion of Halo 3. It doesn't follow the story of MC or any other Spartans, and doesn't have it's own multiplayer.

It's a continuation of Halo 2's story. It features the city within which the events of Halo 2 and Halo 3 began. It's still very much a part of the canon, regardless of whether the soldiers were Spartans or not.

And why is Halo Wars not a core title, since that does tell the story of three pretty important Spartans?
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#10KOTRwhoopsPosted 3/21/2013 1:32:13 PM
Halo 3 four player co-op still stands as one of my most enjoyable experiences this gen.
---
PLAYING - DmC (PC), God of War: COO (PS3), Infamous (PS3), Tomb Raider (PC)
MOST WANTED - GTAV, Lightning Returns, Last of Us, Bioshock Inf, RE: Revelations