This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

POLL: Your favorite Halo of all-time (core titles)

#21metaldiggle2Posted 3/25/2013 12:13:45 PM
Reach
---
There are times where I wish I could delete stupid threads I see.
#22OverburdenedPosted 3/25/2013 12:15:22 PM
Reach - 3 - 2 - 1. Haven't played 4 yet. But in that order that's the most I've played of each game and had fun with friends.
---
Crappy spelling due to my iPod.
The Chronic what cles of Narnia._
#23Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/25/2013 12:20:42 PM
Halo 2 is winning?!
---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#24fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 12:32:05 PM
Gunvalkyrie2 posted...
Halo 2 is winning?!

unfortunately
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#25LandonioPosted 3/25/2013 12:40:19 PM
Campaign?
CE had the best. H2 had the worst.

Multiplayer?
1. Halo 2, easy
2. CE
3. H3
4. H4
5. Poop
6. Reach
---
ROLL TIDE
Playing:BlOps 2
#26fiasco86(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 3:10:16 PM
Wow, a huge surge of Halo 1 love with the last batch of votes. It went from 4th to 2nd place!
---
Halo 1 LAN vid: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhjWnJU2EKY
#27HandGodPosted 3/25/2013 3:40:26 PM(edited)
I only base it on the campaigns since it would be unfair to give the edge to CE (which I thought had an OK campaign) for multiplayer since that was the only one I played extensively via LAN. Out of those, I would vote Reach. ODST would be the true winner, though, but it's not being counted as a "core" title. Reach would probably be followed by 4, then 2, then CE, then 3 -- which had the awful Cortana level that has pretty much prevented me from enjoying any subsequent replays.

Like said, I don't know much about the multiplayer since I kind of lost interest when it went Live.
#28NejiHyuga900Posted 3/25/2013 6:12:24 PM(edited)
This is a hard one. Well, I will say Halo 3 because Halo 3 got me into online gaming. I played Halo 1 and Halo 2 only for their campaign (I never could figure out how to play online until the 7th generation).

My favorite Halo games in order:
Halo 3 > Halo: Reach > Halo 4 > Halo 2 > Halo: Combat Evolved (I never played Halo 3: ODST or Halo: Combat Evolved Anniversary and I only played the demo of Halo Wars)

Halo 2 is winning?!

I know, right. I don't understand why Halo 2 is winning (but people said that it's online multiplayer was the best but I never got into online gaming until the 7th generation and my Halo 2 game disc was missing by then, but I still have my Halo 2 Limited Edition case and bonus DVD disc, but the game disc is missing). The one thing that loved about Halo 2 were dual wielding Needlers and the Needler is my favorite Halo weapon. Well, I never experienced online multiplayer for Halo 2 (and it is too late now!) but I have played local multiplayer a few times but I absolutely don't remember any MP map at all.
---
Xbox/Windows LIVE Gamertag & Nintendo Network ID: TDPNeji | Steam ID: NejiHyuga900
I am a thunder dragon. Hear me roar thunder and breath out lightning!
#29velvet_hammerPosted 3/25/2013 6:51:32 PM
I have new faith in 360 board. #4 is EXACTLY where it belongs..
---
"My style is welfare, half of you b****** is on it!!
Was born with a halo, when broke, I had to pawn it" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olVPXpGohII
#30conejonPosted 3/25/2013 8:10:36 PM
I agree with others, the core titles are those that follow master chief. Halo Reach was a prequel, and did not follow MC's story. Halo 3 ODST followed a group of ODSTs, and thus is also not a core title. Halo Wars again is not a core title, because it doesn't follow master chief. Therefore, only Halo CE, Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo 4 are core titles.
That being said, Halo CE easily was the best.