This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is the 360 still a worthwhile console if you already own a PS3/Gaming PC?

#11AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:23:00 AM
Hambodias posted...
not really, to me at least. doesn't mean that i dont love the 360, i''ve put countless hours into it, but its countless hours that could've also been spent on the PS3 or PC, most of my favorite games of this gen were multiplatform anyways and i missed out on a lot of good games because they were PS3 exclusives.

anyways some of the exclusives are Fable, Halo, Forza, Crackdown, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Gears of War. those are the only ones i ever really cared about.

there are some really good XBLA games such as Mark of the Ninja.

I am an RPG fan and I've been looking forward to playing Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.
---
ShopSmart,ShopS-Mart - Names Ash....Housewares
#12Bebop242Posted 3/21/2013 11:27:06 AM
Ah yea forgot about Crackdown, that was fun also. Too bad they screwed it up with Crackdown 2.

Had a love affair with Fable 2 which promptly ended after I beat it and realized how shallow it was.

I could never get into Halo/Gears.

My son LOVES minecraft.
#13IvanKozlovPosted 3/21/2013 11:32:37 AM
AshWilliams78 posted...
Hambodias posted...
not really, to me at least. doesn't mean that i dont love the 360, i''ve put countless hours into it, but its countless hours that could've also been spent on the PS3 or PC, most of my favorite games of this gen were multiplatform anyways and i missed out on a lot of good games because they were PS3 exclusives.

anyways some of the exclusives are Fable, Halo, Forza, Crackdown, Lost Odyssey, Blue Dragon, Gears of War. those are the only ones i ever really cared about.

I am an RPG fan and I've been looking forward to playing Lost Odyssey and Blue Dragon.

Make sure you play the Tales series too then.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
#14AshWilliams78(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 11:36:46 AM
IvanKozlov posted...
AshWilliams78 posted...
Hambodias posted...

Make sure you play the Tales series too then.

Oh yeah! Tales of Vesperia. Thanks for reminding me.

Forza
Lost Odyssey
Tales Of Vesperia
Blue Dragon

What other games are worth it? I'd like to at least have 5 games in order for me to justify purchasing a new console.
---
ShopSmart,ShopS-Mart - Names Ash....Housewares
#15Chrome76Posted 3/21/2013 11:47:20 AM
Ace Combat 6: Fires of Liberation
Banjo-Kazooie: Nuts & Bolts
Blue Dragon
Chromehounds
Crackdown Series
Dead or Alive 4
Dead Rising 1
Dust: An Elysian Tail
Fable 2
Forza Series
Gears of War Series
Halo Series
Infinite Undiscovery
Kameo Elements of Power
Lost Odyssey
Ninety-Nine Nights 1-2
Operation Darkness
Saints Row
Shadow Assault: Tenchu
Shadow Complex
'Splosion Man
Tales
Too Human
#16Frison11Posted 3/21/2013 12:41:02 PM
Don't forget about Alan Wake and the xbla American nightmare.
#17richboy900Posted 3/21/2013 1:19:27 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
Bebop242 posted...
I would say no, but I only really like one exclusive series for the 360 and that is Forza.

I was pretty disappointed with Gran Turismo on the PS3. Is Forza really worth it?

Yeah it is much better than gt5, I got a ps3 for gt5 and didn't think much of it. The 360 is a great console, and I prefer it to my ps3 but tbh I'd just wait for the next gen systems unless you find a 360 for cheap, just be careful of the old unreliable consoles :/.
#18CrimsonStryke28Posted 3/21/2013 1:48:26 PM
Forza
Lost Odyssey
Tales Of Vesperia
Blue Dragon

What other games are worth it? I'd like to at least have 5 games in order for me to justify purchasing a new console.

Magna Carta 2 perhaps?
#19CapwnDPosted 3/21/2013 2:27:33 PM
Bebop242 posted...
I would say no, but I only really like one exclusive series for the 360 and that is Forza.

I was pretty disappointed with Gran Turismo on the PS3. Is Forza really worth it?

Try it with a nice wheel! I like Forza better overall, but GT5 has the best force feedback response when using a good wheel. It feels so good (man).

Anyways, there's lots of exclusives that are overlooked. A bunch of great stuff on XBLA, though much of it has eventually also made it to PC. REZ HD, Perfect Dark HD are great. Also some good Indie games on the Indie marketplace. Decimation X3 is my favorite, one of my favorite games this gen but it's not for everybody. Dust: An Elysian Tail, Shadow Complex.

On disc:
Ace Combat 6
Project Sylpheed
Earth Defense Force 2017
---
There's no sensation to compare with this
Suspended animation, a state of bliss
#202DshmuploverPosted 3/21/2013 4:36:38 PM
AshWilliams78 posted...
Bebop242 posted...

If you're into racing sims or in particular Gran Turismo-type games then yes, it's worth buying the 360 for alone IMO. It's the best racing game I've played overall, it continues to amaze me and it never stops giving. Game is epic in every sense.
---
The mind is like a parachute, it only works when it's open.
GT: cloudskipa