This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Less RAM Memory + Pay for Online Multiplayer + Cant play Used Games=Dead Durango

#1The_Big_DeekPosted 3/21/2013 2:28:40 PM
first of all ill let the fanboyz know i have both a ps3 and a 360. now i ll get down to the basics.

1. the durango has less RAM than the PS4's 8gb ddrr5. that was confirmed last month.

2. the durango will make you pay 60+ for yearly subscription to play online multiplayer on it

3. the durango will require all New games to be installed onto the HDD. you cannot use the disk or sell it. its useless except for installation. also the system needs to be connected to the internet to function and play these games.

so how is the Dodge Durango not Dead after all this news? the PS4 is faster, has Free online multiplayer and ALLOWS the use of used videogames on it. so tell me how Bill Gates did not just end the life of the Durango when they released this horrible news. in the end i know that the addicted fanboyz here will buy it anyway because they know no better. thats my OPINION. thanks
---
COD4 >>>>>> BO1 > BO2 >>>>> MW3 >> MW2 > COD3 > WAW > COD2 > COD1
#2Ness0123456789Posted 3/21/2013 2:31:10 PM
2. the durango will make you pay 60+ for yearly subscription to play online multiplayer on it

$60 for a yearly subscription of Xbox Live Gold is not bad. Hell, I pay more than that yearly for my WoW subscrption.

The other two points are slightly worrisome, the third more so than the first. I'm fine with no used games, since I rarely buy used anyways, but unless the HDD is atleast one Terabyte, or the install sizes are teeny tiny, I am slightly concerned.
---
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI
#3Denizen_Of_DarkPosted 3/21/2013 2:34:19 PM
R u confusing rumors for facts, or do u have some proof to back up this info?
---
Warfriends: You must be lonely, unless you are a female; which in that case u are merely a figment of my imagination
check quote for XBL GT
#4darkharePosted 3/21/2013 2:36:16 PM
The_Big_Deek posted...
first of all ill let the fanboyz know i have both a ps3 and a 360.

just because you stated this at the beginning of your sentence does not disqualify or excuse you from your troll tactics.
---
BattleTech, FrontLineGeneral,Paintball. only have time for xbla games nowdays.
#5mrshowtime333Posted 3/21/2013 2:36:46 PM
Whats the point? Judging what is better between ddr3 and ddr5 by themselves makes little sense. It depends on how the system is structured. My thought is there is little to no difference between ddr3 and ddr5 in a console setting. Its not the bottleneck.

Sony is charging for online this gen.

Installing to HDD is a great idea. If I no longer have to switch discs when I want to switch games thats great news. No used games is good only if we get better marketplace deals like on Steam.

Also no Sony fans seem to mention the spyware packed into the PS4. Why is that?

And I also hear little about how Sony is in financial peril. My guess is that this is their last console. They simply cant afford to take the hit anymore.
#6RollnThunder213Posted 3/21/2013 2:37:03 PM
Microsoft is going to sell us Dodge Durangos for $399 or less? Count me in.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#7EM_MegaPosted 3/21/2013 2:37:08 PM
Ness0123456789 posted...

$35 for a yearly subscription of Xbox Live Gold is not bad. Hell, I pay more than that yearly for my WoW subscrption.

The other two points are slightly worrisome, the third more so than the first. I'm fine with no used games, since I rarely buy used anyways, but unless the HDD is atleast one Terabyte, or the install sizes are teeny tiny, I am slightly concerned.

Fixed.
---
Main: Nova/Spencer/Hawkeye
Side: Strider/Dante/Doom
#8staticxtreme5Posted 3/21/2013 2:40:44 PM(edited)
Ill just buy two Xbox 720's. That will cancel your not buying one out, and now that you have been cancelled out you can leave. No one wants to hear your opinion anyways.
#9richboy900Posted 3/21/2013 2:40:50 PM
Yeah but the xbox will have great games, exclusives and online. I can't say my ps3 will be pushing me to get a ps4 in all honesty.

Let's hope sony tames the power this time. The ps3 is more powerful than the 360 yet games run and sometimes look (talking fractions here though tbh) better on the xbox. Powers good but not everything.
#10Iceman83Posted 3/21/2013 2:41:44 PM
The_Big_Deek posted...
first of all ill let the fanboyz know i have both a ps3 and a 360. now i ll get down to the basics.

1. the durango has less RAM than the PS4's 8gb ddrr5. that was confirmed last month.

Durango is rumored to have 8GB RAM as well. Same amount, just slower type of ram. Where did you see it was less? All rumors have said 8GB.
---
If it bleeds, we can kill it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5hfYJsQAhl0