This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

About ready to trash my xbox and buy a PS3 (not trying to troll)

#1TigermitsuPosted 3/21/2013 2:08:01 PM
Sorry but my xbox is pissing me off beyond imagination lately.. a couple days ago, it hasn't been letting me play BF3 at all.. keeps giving me random disc read errors, even though it will install fine and play other disc games fine.. i gave up trying to play it so i', done with BF3.. now TODAY, i'm trying to play tekken tag tournament 2.. oh look a 4 mb update.. but it won't let me download it!! Keeps shoving an error message in my face even though my xbox connects to live fine from connection tests & such.. my internet has always been great. I ain't havin it with this crap any more.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img210/9229/ttt2kunimitsubikinibyke.jpg- Kunimitsu is sooo fine
#2GeistPosted 3/21/2013 2:13:45 PM
I'm sorry that stinks. You should call MS before dropping 150$ on a new system, they may be able to help.
---
Nintendo is to gaming what Nerf is to sports.
#3squarex8264Posted 3/21/2013 2:28:37 PM
What error are you getting from the Tekken Tag update? Seems a bit strange if you can connect but not get the update down...

The first issue though can be pretty common with dying/dirty laser readers in the drive. Some games could work perfectly fine, while others may fail more frequently. If your laser is dying, then it's only a matter of time before it starts to affect more games than just BF3. If you can install BF3 to your HDD and play it from there, then that should help avoid random disk failures mid-game.
---
Gamertag: Squ4rex
"You guys can sig that if you want." -TheArcade
#4SunDevil77Posted 3/21/2013 2:28:59 PM
Geist posted...
I'm sorry that stinks. You should call MS before dropping 150$ on a new system, they may be able to help.

---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#5rdking96Posted 3/21/2013 2:33:30 PM
Geist posted...

Especially if he mentions the fact that he's switching "sides" ;)

But seriously. Consider what you're doing. You'll have to rebuy many games just so they're playable. Getting a new 360 to play BF3 is one thing. If you buy a PS3 then you'll hafta rebuy BF3 and TTT2 again as well. Just a thought.
---
"There won't be any money...but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consciousness...So I got that goin' for me - which is nice."