This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Who would like a free copy of Gears of War 1?

#1RyanJMcDPosted 3/21/2013 6:29:50 PM
I have in my possession a very rare code for a free download of the full game of the original Gears. I am willing to part with it. *must have a Xbox live account*

I do want something in return. Cash? Another game? A nubile young woman willing to enter into a 1 year contract of slavery in the bodily matters of adult enjoyment?

No. None of these.

I want a story.
A story about why you deserve the code. No more than 3 paragraphs. 1-2 preferable. And these must be paragraphs that an English teacher would approve of. No 3 page paragraphs with 4 very long run on sentences.

Maybe you never picked up the first, and enjoyed the last games of the series, and wish to complete the saga. Maybe your dad beat you, and the only thing that brings you peace is chainsawing a locust. Maybe GOW1 was the last thing that your grandma gave you before she died, and your brother pawned it for crack money. Whatever.

Entertain me and the code shall be yours. Please don't ask for it if you already have it. Don't be a dick and take the code just so somone else can't have it. That's all I ask.

Though if you have a Goth Julliet code for lollipop chainsaw, you automatically win.

Good luck fellow FAQers, and good writing.
---
Jesus Christ! what the ****'s blown up now?
-Me after 6 months in Iraq
#2rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 3/21/2013 6:36:10 PM
I want to see if ur c00l enuf 2 giv 4 free
yup.
i <3 TC
---
What I If Told You...
You Read The Top Sentence Wrong.
#3SunDevil77Posted 3/21/2013 6:37:28 PM
rawrLIKEaB05S__ posted...
yup.
i <3 TC

You're not able to play the M version of Oblivion but you can play GoW

O_o
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#4rawrLIKEaB05S__Posted 3/21/2013 6:41:07 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
rawrLIKEaB05S__ posted...
yup.
i <3 TC

You're not able to play the M version of Oblivion but you can play GoW

O_o

parents will never know
---
What I If Told You...
You Read The Top Sentence Wrong.
#5ScymitePosted 3/21/2013 6:51:56 PM
My brother still lives at home, and purchased Gears of War: Judgement, and received a download code for Gears of War 1. He has never played Gears 1, but Gears 2 was the first game he played on his Xbox 360, of which was his first system since the Super Nintendo.
So Gears 2 was is first game of the last 2 generations, and he loved it. Loved Gears 3. Is loving Gears Judgement. It's his favourite series. But he's never played Gears 1.

Now, I've already played Gears 1, as that was MY first game of this generation, of which my last system was the Dreamcast - so I missed everything Gamecube, Xbox, and PS2. I have the fondest memories of my time with Gears 1. My first online multiplayer experience. To this day, I favour Gears MP over everything else. And I would love to play Co-op with my brother, for his first time playing Gears 1.

I no longer have the game, as I traded it in years ago when I was young and immature and realize now that I wish I had that game to play with my brother.

So yes, if you are still offering a free copy of Gears of War 1, I would very much appreciate it.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#6Mogga123_5Posted 3/21/2013 6:53:04 PM
Guess you didn't like my fresh prince post on the Judgement boards >_>
---
The mast is broken, hull is splitting, dear God the ****in' ship is sinking
#7WinternovaPosted 3/21/2013 6:55:29 PM
Science Fiction for Telepaths:

Oh, you know what I mean.
---
Psalm 137:9 Happy is the one who takes your babies and smashes them against the rocks
#8RyanJMcD(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 6:57:03 PM
Mogga123_5 posted...
Guess you didn't like my fresh prince post on the Judgement boards >_>

Clever, but too obvious. Plus no other takers. I guess since most people have probably already played it or have the code.

Last time I gave away a full Skyrim download I had better luck on the 360 general board.
---
Jesus Christ! what the ****'s blown up now?
-Me after 6 months in Iraq
#9FoxtrotDelta88Posted 3/21/2013 7:28:08 PM
I would like to be chosen for the receiving of the code on a few grounds. When i first purchased my Xbox 360 the first 2 games i owned were Dead Rising and Gears of War. Being that the games and the console itself were Christmas gifts, I was not allowed to have them until the 25th. Christmas morning i furiously ripped open the rapping paper, and excitedly hooked up the system and popped in Gears of War, never before had I played a game this fun and it would forever be my favorite Xbox 360 game behind Dead Rising.

A few years later, my Xbox, unfortunately broke down, and it costs too much to be repaired, so i had the displeasure of selling my 360 and all my games, including both Gears of War 1 and 2. Years later, this year in fact, i purchased the newest Xbox 360 and eagerly awaited until i could find all my favorite classic Xbox 360 games. I found Gears of War 1, Halo 3, Dead Rising, even Perfect Dark Zero, but i, sadly, couldn't find all but 2, Gears of War, and Hitman Blood Money. I got lucky with Hitman but i still cannot seem to find Gears of War and with the new move to Florida from NY, I am currently jobless so i cannot support my hobby. I would love to relive the amazing story from Gears of War 1, the meeting of awesome characters like Dom and Cole was one of the best moments from the Gears games I played all those years ago.

As someone who wants to finish the Gears of War storyline, I ask, please find it in your heart to help a fellow gamer out and help me reclaim the joy i once had that Christmas morning all those years ago.
---
I believe in Jim Gordon...I believe in Harvey Dent...I believe in Gotham City
#10glassghost0Posted 3/21/2013 7:36:44 PM
I can give you a code for Toy Soldiers and The Maw
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428