This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Why do people think installing your games means DRM or no used games?

#21WinternovaPosted 3/23/2013 8:04:02 PM
greatone101 posted...
But you have to admit a lot of those rumors about the PS4, the controller, the specs the games were true.

But none of the rumors about "no used games" were true...
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#22kingbahamut83Posted 3/24/2013 1:54:10 AM
fallange posted...
It is hard to understand stupidity.

this^. Some will believe anything without actually researching it.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
The R in my tag is apparently invisible in COD to everyone.
#23GoIrish80Posted 3/25/2013 11:50:11 AM
It all depends on if those functions all work together. What's been stated is that:

1) ALL games will require an install
2) No information will be read from the disc after install (this is the big one)
3) The system will always need to be online

If point 2 is REALLY true, then it would appear that used games are out. Think about it; if you don't need the disc after you install the game, then you could just give the disc to anyone else and let them install/play it.

You could have required installs and always online functionality and still have the ability to play used games. But if you really don't need the disc at all after you install the game, then clearly there is some sort of DRM put in place to prevent the same disc from being installed in another Xbox.

Many PS3 games have mandatory installs, but also still need the disc in the drive for the game to run. If you don't need the disc after the initial install for a game, then there's something in place preventing that disc from being used somewhere else. Sounds like a CD key system to me.

I won't 100% believe any of it until MS announces it themselves, and they would be verystupid to go at something like that alone. But big corporations tend to do a lot of stupid stuff.
---
i5-3570k @ 4.2ghz | 16GB DDR3 | Nvidia 670 2GB SLI | 1TB HD x2