This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After Dark/Demon's Souls, video games are boring

#1-Damien-Posted 3/21/2013 9:29:21 PM
More games should be more like these 2 masterpieces, no hand-holding, no outdated mechanic, no casualization, no map, no pause, no compromise, no mercy rules, no checkpoint.
#2Lief_of_DelPosted 3/21/2013 9:36:48 PM
No items, Fox only, Final Destination!
---
Let no bad happen.
#3kill_distroyPosted 3/21/2013 9:41:31 PM
-Damien- posted...
More games should be more like these 2 masterpieces, no hand-holding, no outdated mechanic, no casualization, no map, no pause, no compromise, no mercy rules, no checkpoint.

no checkpoints? there's a bonefire every 5 mins in the game......
---
Got it Memorized?
GT: Risev / PSN: RisevQ8
#4TheRobPosted 3/21/2013 9:47:54 PM(edited)
kill_distroy posted...
-Damien- posted...

Checkpoints usually save your progress so that if you die, you start back at the checkpoint with exactly what you had when you hit the checkpoint.

In Demon's/Dark Souls all it does is respawn you. When you die, you lose your souls (currency) and have to get them back without dying again, dying again means permanently losing them. Items also stay used up as well. It's a very strict form of checkpointing.

Also, every 5 minutes can be a bit of an exaggeration, depending on the situation anyway.

---
The People's Heel
IF YA SMEELLLALALAO..WHAT THE ROB IS COOKING !!!
'B-|
#5master_gamr1231Posted 3/21/2013 9:54:46 PM
-Damien- posted...

I'd rather have potentially "boring" than not fun.

(And I have played Dark Souls. Didn't find the gameplay fun.)
---
Why do people... betray one another? They might as well... all just die instead.
Welcome to my kingdom!
#6Marvel ManPosted 3/21/2013 9:56:57 PM
DS fanboys are the worst. I honestly think they never played a challenging game in their life.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#7HighOnPhazonPosted 3/21/2013 10:10:40 PM
I never felt either of those games were particularly challenging. I love them both..Dark Souls is definitely in my top 10, but the difficulty is fairly overblown. Ninja Gaiden on normal is much harder.
---
GT: AncientToaster
Speak of the devil...and he shall appear
#8Super CreaturesPosted 3/21/2013 10:16:39 PM
Marvel Man posted...
DS fanboys are the worst. I honestly think they never played a challenging game in their life.

Don't lump the TC with all DS fanboys.

He is also a huge Sony Pony.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#9Chosen_one_41Posted 3/21/2013 10:33:03 PM
Dark Souls was really awesome until after ringing the first bell, I'm so lost and haven't played the game since. Difficulty is one things, but wandering for hours in the same areas with no sense of direction is another. Still though, the DS combat makes Skyrim combat feel so dry and boring.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/chosen_one_41
Rarity is best pony
#10-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/21/2013 10:47:19 PM
kill_distroy posted...
-Damien- posted...

For first timer I doubt they can find those bonfires every 5 minutes