This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

After Dark/Demon's Souls, video games are boring

#21Deathx113Posted 3/22/2013 4:37:05 AM
Terry-bogard posted...
-Damien- posted...
More games should be more like these 2 masterpieces, no hand-holding, no outdated mechanic, no casualization, no map, no pause, no compromise, no mercy rules, no checkpoint.

No AI , no story , no dialogues , no pause so no bathroom , no interactive environment , no good combat system.

No ai? Confirmed to have not played the game. The enemies will distract you while their friends sneak up behind you for a backstab. That is good AI. Certainly better than any other game on 360s AI.

No story? Oh god, go back to CoD if you want to be spoon fed story. >_>

There are 'dialogues', but not a ton. You are suppose to be alone in the world. If you want voice acting go play a visual novel or something.

There is a pause, not the games fault if you aren't smart enough to find it.

The environment is just as, if not more, interactive as skyrim, bar picking up spoons.

Combat system isn't the deepest out there, but it is deeper than many games.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#22Banana_ManaPosted 3/22/2013 5:00:28 AM
Deathx113 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
I like Dark Souls (haven't played Demon Souls), but I dislike the lack of a pause button... Some of us have things to take care of... I've died so many times (only at Undead Burg so far - just got the game) because I had to leave the game to go do something. That's not a good gameplay mechanic.

You can pause.

If you mean find a bonfire, sit down and pause, then hit xbox guide... It's not really pausing the game...

I want a quick pause, which will allow me to do things that regular people do. I'm not sitting in a room alone for 20 hours straight playing videogames (although I admit that would be nice)... I have things to do, house related things, and family related things that would be greatly aided by an actual pause function.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#23SxmfctPosted 3/22/2013 5:16:17 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
I like Dark Souls (haven't played Demon Souls), but I dislike the lack of a pause button... Some of us have things to take care of... I've died so many times (only at Undead Burg so far - just got the game) because I had to leave the game to go do something. That's not a good gameplay mechanic.

You can pause.

If you mean find a bonfire, sit down and pause, then hit xbox guide... It's not really pausing the game...

I want a quick pause, which will allow me to do things that regular people do. I'm not sitting in a room alone for 20 hours straight playing videogames (although I admit that would be nice)... I have things to do, house related things, and family related things that would be greatly aided by an actual pause function.

You obviously have no idea how the game works and why you can't pause it

Also you'll be amazed to know if you've cleared a room of enemies you can in fact, leave the game. Crazy I know but completely possible
---
"Your not a gamer your a poser and a waste lol 5yr olds" - dreamtheater33
#24ChezDispenserPosted 3/22/2013 5:23:53 AM
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Chosen_one_41 posted...
Dark Souls was really awesome until after ringing the first bell, I'm so lost and haven't played the game since. Difficulty is one things, but wandering for hours in the same areas with no sense of direction is another. Still though, the DS combat makes Skyrim combat feel so dry and boring.

Is that supposed some sort of criticism? The fact that you couldn't fins sens fortress?? Hahaha

Oh, really?

You mean besides the fact that Sen's Fortress doesn't open until you've rang both bells? i.e., the one in the Undead Parish and the one in Blighttown?

Sounds like he's not the only one lost.
---
Goddamn!
#25GGearXPosted 3/22/2013 5:34:44 AM
ChezDispenser posted...
Yuri_LowelI posted...
Chosen_one_41 posted...
Dark Souls was really awesome until after ringing the first bell, I'm so lost and haven't played the game since. Difficulty is one things, but wandering for hours in the same areas with no sense of direction is another. Still though, the DS combat makes Skyrim combat feel so dry and boring.

Is that supposed some sort of criticism? The fact that you couldn't fins sens fortress?? Hahaha

Oh, really?

You mean besides the fact that Sen's Fortress doesn't open until you've rang both bells? i.e., the one in the Undead Parish and the one in Blighttown?

Sounds like he's not the only one lost.

To be fair. There is only one way up. Undead burg >undead parish
And 3 ways down.
Catacombs >Tomb of Giants
New Londo >the abyss
And undead burg >lower undead burg

I've sank over 300 hours on the game and I still remember how I got stuck at trying to find the 2nd bell. Dark souls has a horrible way of telling someone where to go. Yeah yeah that dude near the fireplace tells you. But that's it. He only tells you once and he only tells you "far below" That part will turn off MANY players. It sure as hell did to me when I got there. I kept going to New Londo and the catacombs. Then at read a faq that told me to go somewhere NOT EVEN CLOSE TO WHERE I WAS AT. Horrible horrible directions in that game.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#26ZDT_LeaderPosted 3/22/2013 5:39:35 AM
I think it's the other way around.

Although I don't mind Dark Souls and I do own it. I haven't played it in over 2 weeks. The game is good but just ridiculous sometimes.

Fine about the whole not hand holding in such but how can you even consider other games boring? Just because all the other games don't make you want to punch your tv, throw your controller at a wall and break the game disc into pieces; doesn't mean they aren't fun.
---
Gamertag: Zerochronic
R.I.P Mom..Aug 30th, 2007
#27Banana_ManaPosted 3/22/2013 5:43:03 AM
Sxmfct posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...

You can pause.

Also you'll be amazed to know if you've cleared a room of enemies you can in fact, leave the game. Crazy I know but completely possible

If you could be bothered to read you would notice that I said I had just got the game... I've only been playing for two hours... If you think you know something others don't why not just tell them? Instead of being a smart arse (this goes for deathx113 as well).

So far I have not been able to pause, and have died as a result - way more than I have through regular play. I also don't want to quit just to load up again 30 seconds later.
---
An Englishman, an Irishman and a Scotsman walk into a bar. The barman looks at them and says: "Is this some kind of a joke?
#28DarkSymbiotePosted 3/22/2013 5:45:47 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Sxmfct posted...
Banana_Mana posted...
Deathx113 posted...
Banana_Mana posted...

You can pause.

If you could be bothered to read you would notice that I said I had just got the game... I've only been playing for two hours... If you think you know something others don't why not just tell them? Instead of being a smart arse (this goes for deathx113 as well).

So far I have not been able to pause, and have died as a result - way more than I have through regular play. I also don't want to quit just to load up again 30 seconds later.

You cannot reason with Dark Souls fanboys. Ever.
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#29-Damien-(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 9:48:51 AM
RPGNinja123 posted...
Damien I couldn't agree more but you make these topics all the time.

that's in PS3 board.

now, it's 360 board turn, too many 360 players brainwashed by casual Bethesda and Bioware crap
#30ACHEEKSMALLOYPosted 3/22/2013 9:53:16 AM
the only thing worse than dark souls are the brainwashed children fanboys. HURR DURR ITS JAPANESE!!
---
http://www.youtube.com/ALMIGHTYCHEEKS