This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft needs to ditch the Points system on the Next Xbox and use real money..

#1SolnotPosted 3/22/2013 3:24:43 AM
It's really annoying to have to figure out how much something costs in Microsoft Points on Xbox Live Marketplace, and then having to go out and buy a 1600 Points card at the store using real money and then you have to come home and redeem the code on the back of the card just to purchase a map pack or DLC that isn't free on Xbox Live. And if you want to use your credit card to pay with real money, you have to pay additional taxes on what you download instead of just being able to use whatever amounts of Points you bought to pay for what you want to get. Microsoft just needs to get rid of the Points system they use and make everything on Xbox Live cost real money so you know what you are buying and how much it costs and there's no hidden fees or extra charges on stuff like that.
#2Dagoth_WitPosted 3/22/2013 3:26:52 AM
Wow. I'm surprised you actually made a good point. Don't let it go to your head.
---
Maybe God made a monkey that doesn't like to think it's a monkey and lies a lot.
#3randomweirdoPosted 3/22/2013 4:33:26 AM
Dagoth_Wit posted...
Wow. I'm surprised you actually made a good point. Don't let it go to your head.

Except it really isn't. The same holds true even with the cards you buy for PSN and you pay taxes on the purchase if required (and not sure if it is is true or not, but may be possible to be hit with sales tax twice, once when buying the card, once when buying the item). The only real difference is that it is easier to understand actual dollars than points, but points have the advantage of having sales at times on the 1600 or 4000 points codes when the PSN cards usually never go on sale.

The only thing MS really could use to improve is to allow people to buy only the amount of points needed to get the item they want if using a credit card. Like if I want to buy a game that is 240 points, let me have the option to just add 240 points.
#4ohollywoodoPosted 3/22/2013 4:39:04 AM
How broke are you people?
It's generally $5 for every 400 points, and pretty much everything is a multiple of 400 points.
Just keep a tab of about $20 in your account and you're fine...
---
ooH0LLYW00Doo <-- feel free to add me
#5Rancid_SkankPosted 3/22/2013 4:51:14 AM
I just buy the points through the dash and download games.

Occasionally if a deal comes up on Amazon for a bundle for a reduced price I jump on that too.

Never really had an issue with it.
---
GT: RancidSkank
PSN: Rancid_UK
#6WickedfoolPosted 3/22/2013 5:02:21 AM
not everything is a multiple of 400 and therefore you always have an odd number of points. The cost of this stuff doesnt bother. If it did, I wouldnt buy it. But I dont like the idea of random point (money) just sitting in my account not benefiting me at all. In fact, its benefiting Microsoft cause they already have my money but I have nothing for it. There are odd balances and when the time comes to buy something, I still have to add more. Real money is the way to go. Forget the stupid mental translation that goes into purchasing content.
#7ChezDispenserPosted 3/22/2013 5:31:59 AM
Yeah, man, **** math and thinking and ****. Who needs it? Hey, Solnot should go join that other guy, General something. They're both good at complaining about having to use basic intelligence with their finances.
---
Goddamn!
#8Ginsu VictimPosted 3/22/2013 5:34:44 AM
Rancid_Skank posted...
I just buy the points through the dash and download games.

Same here, and I've never paid tax on them like the TC says. (Some places have to, I understand that.)

Usually I don't have to buy points because of Bing Rewards, which probably wouldn't exist if they used cash amounts.
---
I'M RUNNIN' THIS MONKEY FARM NOW, FRANKENSTEIN!!! - Capt. Rhodes, Day of the Dead (1985)
#9SheepinatorPosted 3/22/2013 5:38:10 AM
The last batch of points I bought were half price, so $20 value cards for $10. Some I got as cheap as $9.50. That means everything I buy in the marketplace is half off. Unless you can show me where I can get $20 bills for $10, I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't try to take away my options just because you can't do simple math.

But I dont like the idea of random point (money) just sitting in my account not benefiting me at all.

That's like complaining that your bank account isn't always empty. Makes no sense.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#10stawg007Posted 3/22/2013 5:40:40 AM
No thanks, searching for deals on points cards, especially bigger ones like 4200msp saves a lot of money

If you had any sense, you'd want them to keep msp for as long as possible
---
lPayneToTheMaxl