This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft needs to ditch the Points system on the Next Xbox and use real money..

#51Super CreaturesPosted 3/22/2013 8:36:11 PM
Sheepinator posted...
zyxomma100 posted...
It's like complaining your bank account isn't zero. Crazy.

I agree with everything you say in this topic but this. There's a huge difference between money in a fluid bank account and money being stored in a restrictive entertainment account.

The main difference is what you can spend it on. This guy is complaining that he has money (points) to spend.

You also don't earn interest on MSP.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#52randomweirdoPosted 3/22/2013 9:11:46 PM
BahamutBBob posted...
Solnot posted...
you have to pay additional taxes on what you download

I've never had to do this. Do you live in Washington? Since that's where MS "sells" the points from, if you live there you pay taxes on them. (I assume, that's how buying online generally works, with a few exceptions)

Actually, a company is required to collect sales tax for any state that they have an office in per US law. Microsoft doesn't just have offices in Washington. For instance, their repair center is in Texas, that's why I have to pay sales tax, because I live in Texas and since they have an office there, sales tax must be collected for residents of Texas.

And it doesn't matter what the actual office does, even a Microsoft Store existing in that state counts as an office and makes them have to collect sales tax for people in that state.

That's just how US law works when it comes to online transactions because each state wants to be sure to get their taxes and doesn't want people to get around it by buying online.

And it's not just for Microsoft. Every online retailer has to do this. That's why you'll see with some retailers you only have to pay tax if you are in one particular state (like Steam for instance), and with others you have to pay the tax if you are in one of many states because they have multiple warehouses and such (like Amazon, to give an example).
#53SheepinatorPosted 3/22/2013 11:04:10 PM
Super Creatures posted...
Sheepinator posted...
The main difference is what you can spend it on. This guy is complaining that he has money (points) to spend.

So minor I didn't think it worth mentioning. About 0.25%? My last MSP were bought with 55% discount so missing out on 0.25%, not such a big deal.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#54TheBlueStigPosted 3/22/2013 11:29:02 PM
Sheepinator posted...
Super Creatures posted...
Sheepinator posted...

So minor I didn't think it worth mentioning. About 0.25%? My last MSP were bought with 55% discount so missing out on 0.25%, not such a big deal.

By the time most people have bought points and spent them on what they wanted, they don't have much left over, let's say about a dollar or two is what I usually have left over.

If that was in a bank you wouldn't be making any interest on it, especially with the minimum balance requirements and monthly charges.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#55bladegash666Posted 3/22/2013 11:34:30 PM
Last I checked you couldn't add little incremental things to your account on PSN, and to buy anything under $5 you have to spend a minimum of $5.

Only if your account has no money on it. Otherwise , that would be correct.

XBL however...
---
"People said, "if you don't like DmC, don't buy it or play it." Why feel blame when you did as you were asked?" - NostalgiaRules