This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So is this is the generation gaming dies?

#11mrhappyguy12345Posted 3/22/2013 7:15:59 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
idk...Sony made it pretty clear their all about games games games

I am a gaMER so that appeals to me

MS has fallen off with all this casual BS...motion gaming, fake ass cable box bs

I swear if MS comes out with "We are proud to present the ultimate cable box...oh and it plays games too!!!"

I'm out the door...period point blank

Did you know that more total hours on the xbox are spent on netflix than playing games? That's probably why ms is investing in that aspect. I have no problem with having more options for a device that will likely cost $400 or more. If you don't want those features, you don't need to use them.
---
I love video games : )
#12vigorm0rtisPosted 3/22/2013 7:16:35 AM
MR_Soren posted...
Quote:No. This is the gen people who can't accept gaming isn't a subculture anymore get out of the hobby or shut up.
@vigorm0rtis

No, this is the gen where a major console maker decided that they don't care about that subculture.

Nothing gets as big as gaming has and remains a subculture or continues to pander to it. That's the reality of the matter. Game devs used to have to kiss ass because they relied on us to survive. Now they don't. If you think they actually 'cared' any more than they had to to garner favor in the first place you're kidding yourself.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#13nothingbeastPosted 3/22/2013 7:27:28 AM
GGearX posted...
It's just for fun. We can't actually predict the future now can we?
And gaming is all I have. That's why I care about it deeply. I mean how would you feel if they changed your favorite sport and people started losing interest?

It's worth fighting for something that I love. Even if it means fighting the very thing I care about . You wouldn't understand.

Yeah. It's so much fun watching these boards complain endlessly about rumors that are based on absolutely nothing but speculation.

What a fun fun fight to make out of nothingness.

You're right. I don't understand being pessimistic over nothing. I'm waiting for the official announcement from MS instead of buying into the negative hype machine.
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#14GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 7:40:45 AM
mrhappyguy12345 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
idk...Sony made it pretty clear their all about games games games

I am a gaMER so that appeals to me

MS has fallen off with all this casual BS...motion gaming, fake ass cable box bs

I swear if MS comes out with "We are proud to present the ultimate cable box...oh and it plays games too!!!"

I'm out the door...period point blank

Did you know that more total hours on the xbox are spent on netflix than playing games? That's probably why ms is investing in that aspect. I have no problem with having more options for a device that will likely cost $400 or more. If you don't want those features, you don't need to use them.

Yep it seems like they don't care anymore. They have to depend of the casuals to make their money. Problem with that is, the casual crowd isn't loyal to games. They don't give a **** about anything gaming and only play games that are" the cool game everyone is playing " CoD, Gears, sports games, etc. Now that creates a different problem in the game industry. Now every game developer has become so reliant on the casuals that they produce Craptastic games just to have a chance at that CoD money. And 90% of the time they fail and studios close down. Developers get fired, and the publishers blame it on the developers because they were so damn greedy and stupid to realize how IDIOTIC (is that how you say it?) it is to think they have a chance of beating CoD or the other well know games. If they want money they have to stop catering to CoD casuals and do something like EA's battlefield. Make it different.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#15lightfighterPosted 3/22/2013 7:54:56 AM
I highly doubt the gaming industry will die. It's brings in more revenue than the movie industry.
#16headwounds13Posted 3/22/2013 7:58:21 AM
It's worth fighting for something that I love. Even if it means fighting the very thing I care about .

Hahaha holy crap.
---
http://www.bewaretherobotsquad.com/p/headcase.html
http://i761.photobucket.com/albums/xx259/headwoundss/129167586636177506-1.gif
#17TheBlueStigPosted 3/22/2013 8:00:46 AM
GGearX posted...
What do you think.

Wii U has little to no games and is selling HORRIBLE (or ly)

Sony is gonna run the ps4 into the ground, sociably of course
And
Microsoft is making a dedicated media device that charges for features that are free in other devices

Thoughts?

You caused all this, your unnatural love of Ash Crimson is what caused all this. It created a black hole in gaming hardware design and the B Teams were allowed to create the next gen of hardware f***ing it all up.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#18gabriusPosted 3/22/2013 8:04:36 AM
THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#19gabriusPosted 3/22/2013 8:05:44 AM
headwounds13 posted...
It's worth fighting for something that I love. Even if it means fighting the very thing I care about .

Hahaha holy crap.

...are you a gamer or a ninja from Konoha?
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#20GGearX(Topic Creator)Posted 3/22/2013 8:16:42 AM
gabrius posted...
headwounds13 posted...

Hahaha holy crap.

...are you a gamer or a ninja from Konoha?

That's..... Not important..... The important thing is. Friendship. We will always have each other, even when I'm not here, I will always be..... here... * points at your heart *

Good buy..... Friend.....

*cue generic sad JPOP music *

Miagereba kagayaki wa iroasezu afurete ita
Donna toki mo terash_te-ru ano taiyo no yoni nareta nara
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *