This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Some of you spent over $300 in online fees during your time with 360....

#221itrainpokemonPosted 3/23/2013 9:41:03 AM
Renamon posted...
I've been a mamber for 10 years, so I've spent $500 on XBL.

Do I care? No. I have this thing called a job.

most people make the atleast 200 bucks a week

so it really doesnt feel like much at all when you think of it that way
---
GT- sufinomo
dark souls
#222king_maddenPosted 3/23/2013 12:37:26 PM
itrainpokemon posted...
Renamon posted...
I've been a mamber for 10 years, so I've spent $500 on XBL.

Do I care? No. I have this thing called a job.

most people make the atleast 200 bucks a week

so it really doesnt feel like much at all when you think of it that way

i agree its fairly cheap for a monthly fee, I just say theres nothing there that actually warrants a purchase. you get charged for something that SHOULD be free and people defend it by saying "well its cheap".

if psn all of a sudden started charging a similar price and changed to offer the same things as life, I would stop gaming online, because its not worth it. especially if you're someone who doesnt play online that much. but like to use things like netflix, you still HAVE to get a membership.

I just say its wrong because it forces you to get it even if you dont exactly use their features "netflix or amazon or whatever else they have).
#223username1289Posted 3/23/2013 1:03:45 PM
Dude, seriously, WTF is people's problems?

Hey everyone, for future reference, don't remind Sony fanboys that the internet isn't free. They can't handle it. Their brains are literally unable to cope with the fact that they too pay to play online.

Either that or I'm being trolled because I said PS4 rather than 3.

Ok......you guys should read a book called 1984. It has this interesting concept in it called 'double think'. It allows people to say things like "yeah I pay for internet but I don't have to pay to play my games online" and be completely serious about it.

Please stop trying to sound smart. 1984 has nothing to do with this topic.

Yes I pay for Internet. Yes I pay 60$ a year for live service. No I don't pay a dime for ps3 online service. Yes I pay Microsoft to play online games. No I don't pay Sony a dime to play online games.

Now go away, not a single person has agreed with your bizarre logic.
---
His gaze burning on the edge of our dreams
#224LengisKellickqPosted 3/23/2013 2:16:24 PM
pothocket posted...

I mean, I don't mind paying for my Xbox Live service, but I'm trying really hard to understand your rationale.

Person A, has Internet for $50 + Xbox Live for $60 ($35 if he buys the deals)
Person B, has Internet for $50 + Free PS3 online service

Person A is paying an additional fee on top of the existing internet service, thereby giving the person only using the PS3 service a slight cost benefit. It's not free, but there is an obvious cost benefit to only using the PS3 online service.

The problem here is you're adding a full year of live to one month of internet. So for a better example let's say they paid 60, that's actually only $5 per month so we get:

Internet (50) + Live (5) = $55
-or-
Internet (50) + free PS3 = $50

There's the difference of playing online with your "free" PS3.

its still an extra 5$ outta your pocket. whether or not if you can afford it isn't the point, its still extra money your paying.

No, the point wasn't which is cheaper, it's people thinking the PS3 is "free".

Please just shut up. You already made a fool of yourself and now you're trying to save face. Give it up.
---
God doesn't exist. If my signature offends you, cry to god about it.
#225pothocketPosted 3/23/2013 2:45:07 PM
Maybe I too should try being rude and insulting to get my point across.

Ok, here we go: "of course it's free to game online when you're living in Mom's basement!"

How'd I do?
---
well I am not like your dad. I worked as a chef at TGIF-Mattson
#226zinsindettaPosted 3/23/2013 3:03:12 PM
Time is money. And PSN users have wasted more then 300 dollars worth of time on slow updates and downloads, writing out every message and syncing trophies.
---
Gamertag/PSN - http://gamercards.exophase.com/31441.png
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/CareerStats/default.aspx?player=SinZinDetta
#227username1289Posted 3/23/2013 3:41:14 PM
pothocket posted...
Maybe I too should try being rude and insulting to get my point across.

Ok, here we go: "of course it's free to game online when you're living in Mom's basement!"

How'd I do?

You did bad. Give it up, it's not a big deal when everyone disagrees with you. You'll get em next time kid.
---
His gaze burning on the edge of our dreams