This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo 3 on 360/720 possibly hinted

#1DerekRossPosted 3/22/2013 10:56:47 PM
http://tinyurl.com/a2gy6y3

Don't care for this mess but maybe some of you do.
#2all_that_juicePosted 3/22/2013 10:58:15 PM
Will it require always-on?
---
http://www.digitaltrends.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/10/Cortana.jpg
#3shawnmckPosted 3/22/2013 11:21:30 PM
all_that_juice posted...
Will it require always-on?

^ I think Blizzard announced that the PS3 version won't require an Internet connection, so I doubt that the XB 360 version would.
But I could be wrong.
#4Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/22/2013 11:26:35 PM
We beta tested this for you guys on PC already. Stay away!
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#5longnutsPosted 3/22/2013 11:35:21 PM
Yeah, played D2 for 7 years, played D3 for 3 months. It blows.
---
My first console was a colecovision, so yeah!
http://360voice.gamerdna.com/tag/xLONGNUTTSx
#6Vivi0198Posted 3/22/2013 11:39:04 PM
longnuts posted...

Whoa. Must of been a really really awful game if you only got 3 months out of it. I mean 3 months.... Damn thats awful.
---
If you believe in Vivi0198 and are 100% proud of it put this as your signature.
#7Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/22/2013 11:46:20 PM(edited)
Vivi0198 posted...
longnuts posted...

Whoa. Must of been a really really awful game if you only got 3 months out of it. I mean 3 months.... Damn thats awful.

The problem is that the auction house literally provides all of your needs. Playing the game through with my barb (and then after that on a few alts to test out other classes), I *never* once found an item drop that was an upgrade for me. You can try not to use the AH to upgrade your gear, but then you're basically screwed by gearcheck gameplay constantly. it's just blatantly obvious that blizz designed the game around the RMAH.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#8Vaoris_KlawPosted 3/22/2013 11:45:15 PM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Vivi0198 posted...
longnuts posted...

The problem is that the auction house literally provides all of your needs. Playing the game through with my barb (and then after that on a few alts to test out other classes), I *never* once found an item drop that was an upgrade for me. You can try not to use the AH to upgrade your gear, but then you're basically screwed by gearcheck gameplay constantly.

Good thing the console versions won't have the auction house then.
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris
#9darkharePosted 3/22/2013 11:47:17 PM
Vaoris_Klaw posted...
Silent Sniper IV posted...
Vivi0198 posted...
longnuts posted...

The problem is that the auction house literally provides all of your needs. Playing the game through with my barb (and then after that on a few alts to test out other classes), I *never* once found an item drop that was an upgrade for me. You can try not to use the AH to upgrade your gear, but then you're basically screwed by gearcheck gameplay constantly.

Good thing the console versions won't have the auction house then.

*eyebrows lift* hmm maybe it'll be worth a look after all....

---
BattleTech, FrontLineGeneral,Paintball. only have time for xbla games nowdays.
#10Vaoris_KlawPosted 3/22/2013 11:52:58 PM
Link for those interested, just read it today.

http://www.shacknews.com/article/78354/diablo-3-trailer-shows-playstation-3-port-in-action

Crucially, you'll be able to play offline, a feature missing from the PC version of the game. As a consequence, the real money auction house will be removed from the game. "There were some technical reasons we had to go with offline, but again once you have an offline experience, even if we wanted to bring in the auction house, it just becomes problematic. How do you validate? How do you make sure there is no duping or any of that stuff?"
---
Umbasa
www.youtube.com/profile?user=Vaoris