This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Diablo 3 on 360/720 possibly hinted

#31Flamechamp2333Posted 3/23/2013 11:12:19 AM
is it safe to say for microsoft's conference in april, they will announce diablo 3 for their consoles? I heard somebody say its very likely.
---
this screenshot is for warcraft 3 players: http://img10.imageshack.us/img10/5835/masscritters.jpg
#32Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/23/2013 11:38:51 AM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...

Nope. I played D3, beat Inferno without buying anything from the auction house.

Post 1.2 I'm guessing. At launch beating inferno without the use of a few clever exploits (specifically act 3) and top-tier gear was nearly impossible. Thats honestly why so many people quit and never returned. Subsequent patches have made inferno pretty easy, but that was *not* the state of the game at launch. Combined with repair costs being more than people were earning, it was a bad state. Halfway through inferno I realized "wait a minute, this feels like a cleverly disguised f2p game." I also think they toned down the ubiquitous packs of teleporting invincible dashing ghost mobs.

Like I said, I did enjoy it enough to replay it once or twice and farm some cheevs, but it was incredibly disappointing that I literally did not find even one item worth equipping in the 40+ hours my barb did act 2 normal -> level 60 and beyond. By the time I rolled my sorc and witch doctor,I knew just to buy everything I needed at the AH. I came across many points where I couldn't damage enemies enough to be a significant threat, and had to buy weapons from the AH to continue.

It was just blatantly obvious that loot rate was ruined so that items would sell for more and blizz could take a cut. I still haven't seen a set item drop, amazingly.

Consoles: If they tweak the game drastically for consoles regarding loot rates, it may actually be pretty cool. It was so dumbed down for PC purposes, but the 4 hotkey system would actually be *perfect* for a controller. I would probably give it a shot on consoles again, but at this point I'm attached to my achievements and want to finish them >_>
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned
#33SunDevil77Posted 3/23/2013 11:38:49 AM
Silent Sniper IV posted...
SunDevil77 posted...

Nope. I played D3, beat Inferno without buying anything from the auction house.

Post 1.2 I'm guessing.

Yes, but still. 1.2 didn't make it easy.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#34Silent Sniper IVPosted 3/23/2013 12:03:02 PM(edited)
SunDevil77 posted...

Yes, but still. 1.2 didn't make it easy.

Most people I knew felt like it was stupid hard before the balance patch, and too easy after, and I would agree with that. They just really couldn't find a sweet spot for difficulty. By the time 1.04 rolled around it was easy to steamroll inferno in pretty substandard gear. By that time people were just really sick of the broken promises, poor tuning, and fact that pvp still wasn't in, and most people just never gave it a second look. The game really launched in a bad way, and that definitely colors the negative perception a lot of people have about it.
---
Irony is a maginot line drawn by the already condemned