This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

New Xbox Reportedly Won't Let You Play (Unless It Can Spy On You)

#21RenamonPosted 3/23/2013 12:05:50 PM
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_YRHDomoLb-A/TLa17o31c7I/AAAAAAAAAj0/W9HKa0hXem4/s1600/tin_foil_hat.jpg

Seriously this is what I think of when I read these things anymore.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#22SunDevil77Posted 3/23/2013 12:09:16 PM
SlaynWilderGL3 posted...
No more jerking off in front of the TV.....lol.

Why the hell not? If they truly want to watch that, let em.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#23KillaBeAtPosted 3/23/2013 12:11:57 PM
Wow.

Just wow.

god bless the internet, the only place where totally unsubstantiated completely illogical heresay is still a good point to make in an argument.

I'm sure the crazy conspiracy theorists at info-wars aren't pandering at all when they release their EXCLUSIVE reports from their anonymous sources that say that Microsoft (for some reason) wants to watch everything we do. Its so the corporations, right, they can own us by having video of us like, sitting around, and watching TV and what not.

Info-wars (and similar privacy conspiracy theorists) need to come to terms with the fact that nobody is ****ing watching them because the nobody ****ing cares about them. I'm sure the government COULD store the data on 50 million xbox live subsrcibers, but why the **** would they want to?
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#24RenamonPosted 3/23/2013 12:19:23 PM
KillaBeAt posted...
Info-wars (and similar privacy conspiracy theorists) need to come to terms with the fact that nobody is ****ing watching them because the nobody ****ing cares about them. I'm sure the government COULD store the data on 50 million xbox live subsrcibers, but why the **** would they want to?

Exactly. I seriously doubt there's a person somewhere sitting in front of a tv screen or computer monitor flipping channels just to spy on you.

Hmm, this guy Is playing skyrim.
*changes channel*
This guy is jacking off
*changes channel*
This guy is watching netflix
*changes channel*
Here's a hot looking woman playing a game with no clothes on

...actually, Scratch the topic creator's theory, I just came up with a new one. MS wants to see your naked girlfreinds!
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#25vigorm0rtisPosted 3/23/2013 12:25:15 PM
Renamon posted...

Here's a hot looking woman playing a game with no clothes on

...actually, Scratch the topic creator's theory, I just came up with a new one. MS wants to see your naked girlfreinds!

I dunno, man. I don't think my ex ever got past the underwear and t-shirt when she was gaming.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#26Reel_Big_MikePosted 3/23/2013 12:35:51 PM
The amount of paranoia in this topic is hilariously ridiculous. I should start selling tin foil hats.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.
#27BlackReignMCWPosted 3/23/2013 2:25:54 PM
The New Xbox codenamed "Durango" will not allow itself to turn on until it hauls off and punches the user in the D$%# five times and yells "MICROSOFT RULES!!

Source: Italics
---
My Buddy's Uncle's Cousin's Brother has a friend who works in Atlantis and saw Batman nut punch an albino midget Unicorn wrestler. True story.
#28Blade SeekerPosted 3/23/2013 4:00:17 PM
The New Xbox codenamed "Durango" will not allow itself to turn on until it hauls off and punches the user in the D$%# five times and yells "MICROSOFT RULES!!

Source: Italics

Day one buy.

To troll my friends.
---
|| Detroit Red Wings || Detroit Tigers || Detroit Pistons || Michigan Wolverines || Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||
#29TheBlueStigPosted 3/23/2013 6:06:34 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
Infowars.

Yeah, information from Oz is more reliable.

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/news/news-13344-Microsoft-Patent-Designed-to-Police-Unauthorised-Content-Use

There's a direct link to the actual patent in that article.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#30Super CreaturesPosted 3/23/2013 6:17:04 PM
vigorm0rtis posted...
I dunno, man. I don't think my ex ever got past the underwear and t-shirt when she was gaming.

But did she ever walk around naked while you were playing, possibly interrupting your playing and you forgetting to turn the system off before partaking in the interruption?
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.