This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OK, I'm convinced an RPG's "menu" button doubles as an encounter button.

#1superstud69xPosted 3/23/2013 4:22:48 AM
Get out of battle, start running to wherever it is you were on your way to in the first place. Then you realize, "crap, I never healed that poison!". So you press the menu button and somehow end up in a random battle instead.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#2RockguyKevPosted 3/23/2013 7:04:22 AM
what is this i dont even
#3Deathx113Posted 3/23/2013 7:11:46 AM
superstud69x posted...
Get out of battle, start running to wherever it is you were on your way to in the first place. Then you realize, "crap, I never healed that poison!". So you press the menu button and somehow end up in a random battle instead.

Wrong board and stuff, but yes I do this all the freakin' time.

Hm, could this be proof that the mind sees 1 second into the future, realizes a random battle is about to happen and we react and hit start right as we take that step into that encounter?

Probably not, but it is cool to think about.
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#4Super CreaturesPosted 3/23/2013 8:05:02 PM
Sometimes I wish that were the case.

When you're grinding drops in a low encounter rate area, it would definitely help.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#5TheBlueStigPosted 3/23/2013 8:07:11 PM
Random battles are thankfully not overdone in Amalur the way they're abused in other RPG's.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin