This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku can't review Bioshock yet..so they review IGN's Review of Bioshock

#1Moss_27Posted 3/23/2013 9:59:59 AM(edited)
http://kotaku.com/5991840/bioshock-infinite-the-ign-review-the-kotaku-review

I enjoyed this. It was a nice slap in the face at IGN and Take Two. Is anyone else bothered about one site getting an exclusive review window before the rest? Has this kind of thing been happening often?

Edit: This comment on the article had me dying. Make sure you read the review first.

"Noticeably shorter? You notice 50 words? That's like a paragraph, maybe. This is what is wrong with reviews today. You see something that isn't at least 3000 words long, and you whine that it's too short. "Oh it's only one page? Reviews back in my day came on 4 pages, minimum." Drop the cane and shave off that gigantic white beard. This is 2013. Times have changed. "
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#2zerooo0Posted 3/23/2013 9:58:45 AM
Kinda poor journalism if you ask me. So what somebody got the chance to review the game, it's not like they got exclusive rights to it.

Poor journalism Kotaku.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Sinestro
#3Moss_27(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 10:09:13 AM
I think they were making light of the situation, but at the same time letting us know why IGN had it's review out way before anyone else had theirs.

It is interesting though...what type of deal could have been made to allow IGN to put out their review before everyone else, besides agreeing to praise the game and give it a high score?
---
| Hitman: Absolution | Splinter Cell: Blacklist | GTA V |
#4DarkSymbiotePosted 3/23/2013 10:13:56 AM
This is beyond sad. Will Kotaku ever stop being lame?
---
I like cake.
#5bluehat94Posted 3/23/2013 10:15:00 AM
zerooo0 posted...
Kinda poor journalism if you ask me. So what somebody got the chance to review the game, it's not like they got exclusive rights to it.

Poor journalism Kotaku.

They did get exclusive rights though, they got to review it almost 5 days early.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#6zerooo0Posted 3/23/2013 10:17:55 AM
bluehat94 posted...
zerooo0 posted...

Poor journalism Kotaku.

They did get exclusive rights though, they got to review it almost 5 days early.

The other sites will get to review it soon enough though. Kotaku just needs to learn, & sit in line.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Sinestro
#7mrhappyguy12345Posted 3/23/2013 10:53:25 AM(edited)
zerooo0 posted...

Poor journalism Kotaku.

They consider themselves to be a blog, so they're not technically journalists anyway.
---
I love video games : )
#8DiaperDandeePosted 3/23/2013 10:58:29 AM
Moss_27 posted...
I think they were making light of the situation, but at the same time letting us know why IGN had it's review out way before anyone else had theirs.

It is interesting though...what type of deal could have been made to allow IGN to put out their review before everyone else, besides agreeing to praise the game and give it a high score?

As if there was ever ANY doubt at all that BioShock Infinite would get at least good scores. Every single publication/website has had a lot of positive things to say about Infinite.

The only people who truly thought Infinite would get bad scores don't have a clue what they are talking about or hate BioShock and feel that their opinion would somehow be reflected with actual publications.
---
Playing (360/WiiU): BioShock, ZombiU, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Want: BioShock Infinite
#9creep50Posted 3/23/2013 11:51:38 AM
DiaperDandee posted...
Moss_27 posted...

As if there was ever ANY doubt at all that BioShock Infinite would get at least good scores. Every single publication/website has had a lot of positive things to say about Infinite.

The only people who truly thought Infinite would get bad scores don't have a clue what they are talking about or hate BioShock and feel that their opinion would somehow be reflected with actual publications.

because people cant have a negative opinion about bioshock???
---
San Andreas > > > > > > > > >Desert Bus > > > > > > > >GTA 4
#10SunDevil77Posted 3/23/2013 11:59:18 AM
creep50 posted...
DiaperDandee posted...
Moss_27 posted...

because people cant have a negative opinion about bioshock???

Someone may not care for Bioshock, but saying it is a "bad game" or giving it a poor score would instantly make me dismiss said reviewer. Like it or not, Bioshock is a fantastically made game. There is no denying that.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care