This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Kotaku can't review Bioshock yet..so they review IGN's Review of Bioshock

#21MrDrippyPosted 3/23/2013 7:26:25 PM
Kotaku sucks. I used to visit that site years ago but they became absolutely terrible. They try too hard to be funny.

No gaming company should have anything to do with Kotaku. If I was Take Two I'd tell them to **** off and buy their own copy.
---
http://i.imgur.com/R8gpXAg.jpg
#22ukokira1Posted 3/23/2013 8:19:31 PM
Hmmm. Kotaku is those guys Hideki Kamiya told to eat ****
---
Look at you, soaring through the air like an bird... Piloting a blimp.
#23WinternovaPosted 3/23/2013 8:21:35 PM
zerooo0 posted...
Kinda poor journalism if you ask me. So what somebody got the chance to review the game, it's not like they got exclusive rights to it.

Poor journalism Kotaku.

It's called "a sense of humor". Get one and lighten up, Francis I.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#24WinternovaPosted 3/23/2013 8:23:38 PM
MrDrippy posted...
Kotaku sucks. I used to visit that site years ago but they became absolutely terrible. They try too hard to be funny.

No gaming company should have anything to do with Kotaku. If I was Take Two I'd tell them to **** off and buy their own copy.

You'd be surprised who can get review copies. I used to get TONS of review copies and promotional giveaways when I had my TV and radio shows. It allowed me to play a lot more games than I could have afforded when I was in law school.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#25DiaperDandeePosted 3/24/2013 11:23:36 AM
creep50 posted...
DiaperDandee posted...
Moss_27 posted...
I think they were making light of the situation, but at the same time letting us know why IGN had it's review out way before anyone else had theirs.

It is interesting though...what type of deal could have been made to allow IGN to put out their review before everyone else, besides agreeing to praise the game and give it a high score?

As if there was ever ANY doubt at all that BioShock Infinite would get at least good scores. Every single publication/website has had a lot of positive things to say about Infinite.

The only people who truly thought Infinite would get bad scores don't have a clue what they are talking about or hate BioShock and feel that their opinion would somehow be reflected with actual publications.

because people cant have a negative opinion about bioshock???

Never said people couldn't dislike the game, but almost every critic out there gave the first one fantastic reviews. With the people from the original back, the game receiving many awards at shows, there is no good reason to believe the game should get bad reviews.

People tend to force their opinions, as in if they dislike the game that means reviewers should or will dislike it. Whether I like the game or not doesn't matter, it wouldn't be smart to think it would get bad reviews when the people reviewing it on their websites loved the last one and have been saying nothing but positive things about this one, right?
---
Playing (360/WiiU): BioShock, ZombiU, Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Want: BioShock Infinite
#26KillaBeAtPosted 3/24/2013 11:32:20 AM
I like how everyone assume Kotaku did this out of Malice and bitterness and not, as is FAR more likely the case, a tongue in cheek way of both letting people know WHY their review wasn't out but IGNs was, and making a light joke.

The people decrying Kotaku as being childish need to just relax.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#27nightshadeAPosted 3/24/2013 11:34:44 AM
what about game informer who gets 80 percent of everything ahead of time through gamestop?

from what im told most of their reviews are written 3-4 months before anyone else sees the game let alone when its released but the only thing there allowed to say is "exclusive" is the sneak peeks and interviews

thats why you see the disclaimer "we have the 360 version (or vice versa) so unless pc ps3 is diffrent this is our review for all versions"
---
theres no point in telling me the wisdom of fool wont set me free _New order "its easier and better to get forgiven than permission"
#28triple sPosted 3/24/2013 12:25:29 PM
I thought it was pretty funny...
---
GT:Triple S 06
Steam ID:triples22
#29NinjuggalotusPosted 3/24/2013 3:57:36 PM
I knew it was Prism before I even clicked the link.
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
#FreeSosa
#30NinjuggalotusPosted 3/24/2013 3:58:04 PM
This is beyond sad. Will Kotaku ever stop being lame?

nope
---
"Come at the king, you best not miss."
#FreeSosa