This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Microsoft No Longer Capable of Producing Quality Games?

#1ToCatchaPredatrPosted 3/23/2013 11:23:00 AM
Halo's been milked to death. The first two were instant classics, the third was pretty good, but it was downhill from there.

Forza Horizon was a huge disappointment

and the last of the big three appears to have fallen. Gears has a 79 "professional" metascore, with an embarrassing 5.6 user score.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-judgment

They refuse to bring new IPs, and have been running their only 3 games into the ground. It's pretty disappointing, considering the games they had last gen. They were slept on, but they had a large handful that were good.
#2Hoasty1Posted 3/23/2013 11:35:22 AM
I know right?
#3StarGoyPosted 3/23/2013 11:38:49 AM
I assume you refer to their first-party development houses. Yeah, they're capable. But there's only one body that can say "Do it!" when those very developers come up with ideas, and that's Microsoft themselves.

And guess what? Why should they? Taking one quick look at their decisions in the latter quarter of this generation tells you one thing: they've become complacent; not unlike Sony and the PS2.
#4HeLeehamPosted 3/23/2013 11:42:43 AM(edited)
Yeah don't mention the review scores for Halo or Forza, that would disprive your point.

Gears is fantastic as well.
#5GamerSantaPosted 3/23/2013 11:43:38 AM
HeLeeham posted...
Yeah don't mention the review scores for Halo or Forza, that would disprive your point.

Gears is fantastic as well.

It's pretty 2007 in here.
---
My magnificence knows no bounds.
#6Madness2012Posted 3/23/2013 11:46:34 AM
ToCatchaPredatr posted...
Halo's been milked to death. The first two were instant classics, the third was pretty good, but it was downhill from there.

and the last of the big three appears to have fallen. Gears has a 79 "professional" metascore, with an embarrassing 5.6 user score.

They refuse to bring new IPs, and have been running their only 3 games into the ground. It's pretty disappointing, considering the games they had last gen. They were slept on, but they had a large handful that were good.

Lol new user,that's what i thought,You go by scores to play games i feel sorry for you,Don't have nothing better to do than to troll the 360 boards huh...
#7ToCatchaPredatr(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 11:56:52 AM
Madness2012 posted...

Lol new user,that's what i thought,You go by scores to play games i feel sorry for you,Don't have nothing better to do than to troll the 360 boards huh...

Uh, oh...have our first butthurt fanboy.

I don't go strictly by scores, but I don't think anyone can deny that the quality has been in decline during these rehashes. You can only microwave the leftovers so many times before it tastes like s***
#8SunDevil77Posted 3/23/2013 11:56:59 AM
Halo's been milked to death.

....annnnd wrong.

Halo 4 is considered a complete rebirth of the series.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#9zerooo0Posted 3/23/2013 11:58:43 AM
TC
15: New User (1)
Awarded to users with at least 3 Karma. Can create 5 topics, 50 messages per day. Can delete own messages, close topics.

TC is a young padawan in the ways of the troll. In time it may grow.
---
Injustice Gods Among Us most anticipated to play as characters: Raven, Aquaman, Deathstroke, & Sinestro
#10TrickyPonyPosted 3/23/2013 12:03:17 PM
Well it's obvious they're gearing up for next gen. It's not like ninty or Sony is bringing out quality exclusives either