This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Microsoft No Longer Capable of Producing Quality Games?

#11ant1080Posted 3/23/2013 1:03:34 PM
TC, if you are going to troll at least put some effort into it.
---
GT: ooTHRILLHOUSEoo
PSN: ooTHRILLHOUSEoo
#12ToCatchaPredatr(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 1:07:13 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
ToCatchaPredatr posted...
Halo's been milked to death.

....annnnd wrong.

Halo 4 is considered a complete rebirth of the series.

No....

Halo's been considered a lousy cash grab, just like Cod

TrickyPony posted...
Well it's obvious they're gearing up for next gen. It's not like ninty or Sony is bringing out quality exclusives either

While I won't argue about the quality of those, since it's mostly opinions, I must say that having new games is better than having no games.

And they're not 'gearing up for next gen'. They've been microwaving the same leftovers for years.
#13Madness2012Posted 3/23/2013 1:08:48 PM
Madness2012 posted...
Halo's been milked to death. The first two were instant classics, the third was pretty good, but it was downhill from there.

Forza Horizon was a huge disappointment

and the last of the big three appears to have fallen. Gears has a 79 "professional" metascore, with an embarrassing 5.6 user score.

http://www.metacritic.com/game/xbox-360/gears-of-war-judgment

They refuse to bring new IPs, and have been running their only 3 games into the ground. It's pretty disappointing, considering the games they had last gen. They were slept on, but they had a large handful that were good.

Lol new user,that's what i thought,You go by scores to play games i feel sorry for you,Don't have nothing better to do than to troll the 360 boards huh...

Uh, oh...have our first butthurt fanboy.

I don't go strictly by scores, but I don't think anyone can deny that the quality has been in decline during these rehashes. You can only microwave the leftovers so many times before it tastes like s***

Oh like God of war,just to name a few..lol,not dealing with this troll no more,have fun with this gem guys....
#14SunDevil77Posted 3/23/2013 1:10:14 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
Halo's been milked to death.

....annnnd wrong.

Halo 4 is considered a complete rebirth of the series.

No....

Halo's been considered a lousy cash grab, just like Cod

By who....you?
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#15MutePrintPosted 3/23/2013 1:17:24 PM
Yep, halo 4 was a joke and judgment is just a mediocre game and a blatant cash grab. Any other large franchise is multi-plat now. No great exclusives have been release in quite some time, and there's no signs to indicate this will change
#16randomweirdoPosted 3/23/2013 1:20:30 PM
And you can replace Microsoft in your topic title with really any AAA developer. Quality games coming out now seem to be a rare thing.
#17Madness2012Posted 3/23/2013 1:24:18 PM(edited)
ToCatchaPredatr
Posted 3/23/2013 2:59:36 PM
message detail

So, I just got the platinum on Jak 2 (god awful game; makes me consider Naughty Dog being overrated), and I was looking for something new to play.

I was watching videos and reading around, but can't decide.

From what I read/heard:

Borderlands 2:

- strong community
- gets really repetitive after a while
- absolutely no story from the first game
- plenty of looting/exploring
- high replay value

Far Cry 3:

- dead community
- broken multiplayer
- exploring
- high replay value

By the way TC both of those games play better on the XBOX 360....

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927750-playstation-3/65768433
#18shawnmckPosted 3/23/2013 1:24:25 PM
When were they ever capable of producing quality games ?

All they did is see some Developer make what was shaping up to be an awesome game, and then offering them Millions to make it exclusive, or buying out the company outright.

Microsoft couldn't make a quality game if their life depended on it.
But they sure can throw a lot of money at companies that do.

It's not the same thing.
#19MutePrintPosted 3/23/2013 1:26:37 PM
randomweirdo posted...
And you can replace Microsoft in your topic title with really any AAA developer. Quality games coming out now seem to be a rare thing.

true

Somehow MS always get the VIP treatment from the media. Both halo 4 and judgment are very mediocre games and reviews acted like they were the 2nd coming, while fans of the series don't even like them
#20josh924Posted 3/23/2013 1:27:06 PM
shawnmck posted...
Microsoft couldn't make a quality game if their life depended on it.
But they sure can throw a lot of money at companies that do.

That's like saying that Sony can't make a good game, so they get Naughty Dog to do it for them.
---
I like how the GameFAQs spellcheck shows that the word "Wii" is fine, but the words "Xbox" and "Kinect" show up as typos.