This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Bethesda could learn a thing or two from Far Cry 3....

#1staticxtreme5Posted 3/23/2013 12:35:58 PM
Far Cry 3 has a huge open world, and plenty of stuff to do in it. There is character customization, as well as crafting and weapon customization. There are plenty of side missions to do, as well as a ton of collectibles to find. There are vehicles to drive, and fast travel for getting around the island in an instant. The game looks simply gorgeous, I can't even fathom how awesome it looks on PC. Anyways, I bring all this up because with all the similarities it has with Skyrim, Ubisoft manages to pull it off even better than Bethesda in my opinion. I haven't seen any bugs, much less game breaking glitches as we are all accustomed to in Skyrim. I haven't seen anywhere NEAR the amount of load screens in Far Cry 3 as I would be accustomed to seeing in Skyrim. Overall, they just did a fantastic job with the game and I wish Bethesda would take some notes.
#2RenamonPosted 3/23/2013 12:39:00 PM
I don't recall any game breaking glitches in Skyrim.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3HeLeehamPosted 3/23/2013 12:40:51 PM
Renamon posted...
I don't recall any game breaking glitches in Skyrim.

Yoy may not have had them but its pretty common knowledge that there are loads.
#4bluehat94Posted 3/23/2013 12:40:53 PM
Far Cry 3 also didn't have anywhere near the amount of content a Bethesda RPG has.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#5staticxtreme5(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 12:42:30 PM
bluehat94 posted...
Far Cry 3 also didn't have anywhere near the amount of content a Bethesda RPG has.

I would trade less content for a better and more seamless game world. Less load screens, etc.
#6bluehat94Posted 3/23/2013 12:49:04 PM
I don't think I would, in fact I know I wouldn't. All of the side stories, guilds, etc. really make the world feel immersive.
---
"So my lunch today involved both a noodle packet and a sauce packet....so yeah, things are going pretty well for me."
#7SunDevil77Posted 3/23/2013 12:54:26 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
plenty of stuff to do in it.

wrong.
That was my only gripe with FC3. There was hardly anything to do in such a gorgeous, big, open world.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#8IvanKozlovPosted 3/23/2013 12:55:32 PM
staticxtreme5 posted...
bluehat94 posted...

I would trade less content for a better and more seamless game world. Less load screens, etc.

I wouldn't.
---
LIGHT UP THE NIGHT!
#9bluehat94Posted 3/23/2013 12:58:09 PM
SunDevil77 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...

wrong.
That was my only gripe with FC3. There was hardly anything to do in such a gorgeous, big, open world.

I would disagree, there were a lot of side missions, but the whole place really emptied out when you completed them all. luckily there was a patch recently that allows you to rest all of the enemy outposts.
---
#10SunDevil77Posted 3/23/2013 1:06:09 PM
bluehat94 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
staticxtreme5 posted...

wrong.

I would disagree, there were a lot of side missions, but the whole place really emptied out when you completed them all. luckily there was a patch recently that allows you to rest all of the enemy outposts.

That's what I meant...once you complete the side missions/campaign, theres were no enemies (I played before the patch), and nothing to be gained from hunting.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care