This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

#1Deathx113Posted 3/23/2013 4:34:27 PM
I feel like it gets a lot of hate, what do you think of this game? Are you looking forward to a sequel?
---
Name: Ernest (Yes, I've been to camp)
Add me, GT/PSN: Deathx113
#2Killah PriestPosted 3/23/2013 4:38:27 PM(edited)
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/927749-xbox-360/65674264

note: linking this topic for relevancy purposes and nothing else.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3KillaBeAtPosted 3/23/2013 4:36:56 PM
I thought it was okay. The combat mechanics are passable, without being exceptional (in any way really), the story is interesting enough without being particularly memorable.

The only thing that I distinctly remember from that game is how beautiful the environments were. It certainly looks good. I recall some slowdown and other technical issues though. Either way, for a cheap price, I'd give it a go. Bayonetta, it ain't, but its not all bad either.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#4Marvel ManPosted 3/23/2013 4:37:14 PM
Garbage.
---
My steel has been tainted by the blood of a weakling!
"Goku would win because Gohan is stronger."
#5Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:40:23 PM
I'm on chapter 3 right now, chapter 2 was pretty fun, I enjoyed the final boss of chapter 2, the 2nd to final boss in chapter 2... not so much.
---
#6MatrixAndrAIaPosted 3/23/2013 4:40:31 PM
I loved it. For an action game it's pretty long. Starts off slow, but the middle section is fantastic. Absolutely beautiful looking game too. Great voice acting overall. Fun combat. One of the few games that I got 1000/1000 on. Finished the first DLC, didn't like the second one and never bothered with it. The vanilla game itself is excellent.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the sequel. I have the one on the 3DS, but I keep getting pulled away for some of my 360 games, so I've yet to really progress in it. Nice looking game on a handheld too.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#7vigorm0rtisPosted 3/23/2013 4:43:10 PM
I thought it was awful. Most of the variety of attacks and combos are useless, the camera sucks, and the game drags on well past it's welcome. I really liked it for about 3 hours.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF
#8Deathx113(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 4:43:28 PM
MatrixAndrAIa posted...
I loved it. For an action game it's pretty long. Starts off slow, but the middle section is fantastic. Absolutely beautiful looking game too. Great voice acting overall. Fun combat. One of the few games that I got 1000/1000 on. Finished the first DLC, didn't like the second one and never bothered with it. The vanilla game itself is excellent.

Yeah, I'm looking forward to the sequel. I have the one on the 3DS, but I keep getting pulled away for some of my 360 games, so I've yet to really progress in it. Nice looking game on a handheld too.

So, which dlc do you recommend I buy? xD
---
#9MatrixAndrAIaPosted 3/23/2013 7:48:56 PM
I actually liked the first DLC despite it being puzzle based overall. The second one did nothing but get on my nerves and piss me off. When I got to the end and reached the boss fight I had no patience for it and just quit altogether. Not that it was too hard or anything, I just had no desire to finish it out.

But yeah, I reallly, really enjoyed the game overall. Just really didn't care for the second DLC.
---
Your name is sung and tattooed now on my heart - here I will carry you forever
Carry Tori Amos
#10DarkSymbiotePosted 3/23/2013 7:52:31 PM
Quite a great game. The atmosphere is amazing. But not a good Castlevania game.
---
I like cake.