This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Castlevania: Lords of Shadow?

#11shawnmckPosted 3/23/2013 7:57:50 PM(edited)
I loved it. Way better than the god of war series, imho.

It does start off rather slow, but once you get past Chapter 3 it starts to really pick up.
It is also a very long game at roughly 12 hours.
The game also has a ton of variety, as you will always be traveling to new & different environments with completely new enemies.

People tend to trash it because it's NOT anything like the 2-D side-scrollers like Symphony of the Night, which is what they wanted.
Since they didn't get what they want, they feel the need to throw a temper tantrum and trash this game.
Many of the things they complain about can be directly applied to the GoW series, but that game gets a total pass...which tells me that they are just looking for excuses to hate it.
#12knightoffire55Posted 3/23/2013 8:00:43 PM
Boring, repetive and mediocre.
---
Enough is enough I have had it with these motherf****ing vampires in this motherf****ing rain.
#13shawnmckPosted 3/23/2013 8:01:55 PM
knightoffire55 posted...

^ As is any game.
#14DarkSymbiotePosted 3/23/2013 8:09:56 PM
knightoffire55 posted...

^ As is any game.

None of the above statements are true. What the heck?
---
My Resident Evil 6 Review| My XCOM: Enemy Unknown Review
http://bitly.com/Z2CT6n | http://bit.ly/RJGjrn
#15TheBlueStigPosted 3/23/2013 8:10:14 PM
Why do people ask how a certain game is when it usually has a demo?

Try the damn demo, figure it out for yourself.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#16shawnmckPosted 3/23/2013 8:20:20 PM
TheBlueStig posted...

^ To be honest, the demo takes place at the very beginning of the game, which is the worst part of the game, as it is slow and not really indicative of the rest of the game.
Nor does the demo contain any of the platforming and puzzle-solving that the rest of the game has.
The game really starts to pick up after chapter 3.

The demo of Castlevania: LoS is one of the worst demo representations of any game that I have ever played.

You are better off watching video-walkthroughs on youtube.
#17TheBlueStigPosted 3/23/2013 8:47:53 PM
shawnmck posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

^ To be honest, the demo takes place at the very beginning of the game, which is the worst part of the game, as it is slow and not really indicative of the rest of the game.
Nor does the demo contain any of the platforming and puzzle-solving that the rest of the game has.

The demo of Castlevania: LoS is one of the worst demo representations of any game that I have ever played.

I meant in general, most of the topics asking "how good is Game X" are usually about games that have demos still up.
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#18DarkSymbiotePosted 3/23/2013 8:49:26 PM
shawnmck posted...
TheBlueStig posted...

I meant in general, most of the topics asking "how good is Game X" are usually about games that have demos still up.

Many games take time, especially RPGs. Demos don't give you enough time.
---
I like cake.
#19Terry-bogardPosted 3/24/2013 5:05:46 AM
I played it , I beat it , I loved it.
The system is classic but really good , the combat is more dynamic than god of war is , the game is much longer than GoW/DmC are and the arts are great.
The only thing I did not like is final boss and the ending but that Kojima idiot is to blame for it.
That guy couldn't write a good story if his life depended on it.
---
Videogame cancer : Perpetual easy mode (AKA USA syndrome), word "main" in fighting games.
#20KtuluheroIIPosted 3/24/2013 5:19:52 AM
It's a mediocre God of War clone.
---
http://i.imgur.com/47zOc.jpg http://i.imgur.com/MsEGm.jpg
DMC Evolution: http://i.imgur.com/qQSFhCy.png