This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Loot rpg?

#1stekim40Posted 3/23/2013 7:25:24 PM
Hi,

I'm looking for a loot drive rpg for the xbox, I have Sacred 2 but I'm getting a little bored of it now and fancy a change.

Any recommendations?
---
Playing: Ni no kuni, Far Cry 3, Skyrim , F1 2012
Waiting for: ELITE:Dangerous, GTA V, Pikmin 3, Dragon Age 3
#2jetfreak4Posted 3/23/2013 7:30:42 PM
A simple answer would be the Borderlands Series or Dragons Dogma
#3TheBlueStigPosted 3/23/2013 7:33:36 PM
Kingdoms of Amalur
---
"Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
Ben Franklin
#4stekim40(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:34:23 PM
jetfreak4 posted...
A simple answer would be the Borderlands Series or Dragons Dogma

I personally see Borderlands as more of a shooter/fps than rpg but thats me. DD I've played. Was fun.

Thanks anyway
---
#5stekim40(Topic Creator)Posted 3/23/2013 7:37:00 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

That's loot based? Oh, I didnt know that, I thought it was fixed loot like Skyrim.

Thanks
---
#6deathrow93Posted 3/23/2013 7:37:23 PM
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

I second this.

I've heard people didn't like Kingdoms of Amalur but I enjoyed it quite a bit. And since you're looking for the looting, KoA is a game for you.
#7MaDHatPosted 3/23/2013 7:38:12 PM
Borderlands is alright, but you just find guns and stuff.. no gear or anything. Kingdoms of Amalur is good if you can get it cheap. Lord of the Rings: War in the North is supposed to be pretty good.
#8jetfreak4Posted 3/23/2013 7:38:13 PM
Also try getting some JRPGs like Hyperdimension Neptunia or Atlier Ayesha. Personally I have Neptunia Victory coming in on Monday so I can't say how much "loot" it would have. One thing for sure is that they both have a robust crafting system. FYI Ni No Kuni, most of the best loot is given to you during the Bounty Hunter quests which is lame.
#9deathrow93Posted 3/23/2013 7:38:19 PM
stekim40 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

That's loot based? Oh, I didnt know that, I thought it was fixed loot like Skyrim.

Thanks

Sorry for a second post.

It is very random loot and you won't have enough room for it all even with your house chest.
#10vigorm0rtisPosted 3/23/2013 7:39:16 PM
stekim40 posted...
TheBlueStig posted...
Kingdoms of Amalur

Thanks

It's loot based-- some is fixed, and you can craft, but there's a lot of cool unique loot in the game. Dragon's Dogma is also a good one, and the game's better overall, IMO. Still, the gear in KoA is especially visually cool.
---
"'Grab the guns!' 'What about the troll?' 'Leave the troll.'"--ATHF