This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How is Splinter Cell Double Agent?

#1XxTrifuzzxXPosted 3/23/2013 7:25:58 PM
I played SC Chaos theory and conviction on my PC and I really really enjoyed both of them, but liked Chaos Theory a little more. So how's this, is it more like CT or Conviction?

Thanks in advance.
---
Dinner Tonight - Amir Blumenfeld
#2PStrifePosted 3/23/2013 7:28:44 PM
You buy an Xbox, PS2, or Gamecube and go play the SD version. The one you find on the PS3/360 is not the same monster, it is more Ubisoft Shanghai rueened product.

The real Double Agent game from the beloved Ubisoft Montreal studio is found on our the beautiful SD consoles. If Consuela was a real maid, she to would agree and clean things with the pledge.
#3Arucard05Posted 3/23/2013 7:29:56 PM
It's a good game. People will tell you to play the Xbox one, and you should, but the 360 one is good too.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
It's better than bad.
#4glassghost0Posted 3/23/2013 7:30:58 PM
Arucard05 posted...
It's a good game. People will tell you to play the Xbox one, and you should, but the 360 one is good too.

This ^

It's more Chaos Theory than Conviction
---
www.youtube.com/GlassGhost428
#5barrysshoesPosted 3/23/2013 9:56:27 PM
Screw Double Agent, play the first 2 games instead.
#6Perfect LightPosted 3/23/2013 9:57:12 PM
If you go with the SD version, just know the HD version is the canon storyline.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UIbu3wJDmVQ - New gaming series
My podcast: hulkshare.com/inferiorminds
#7ChrisHanson24Posted 3/23/2013 9:59:23 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8invertedlegdropPosted 3/23/2013 10:53:34 PM(edited)
If you are talking about the 360 Double Agent, then its a good game. The choice aspect is much better in this game. Though this game is good, that's all it is. The ending is kinda murky, and the JBA HQ searching is really mediocre. It is the canon-story but it is easily the weakest of the main SC games.

The old gen Double Agent(Xbox,PS2,etc) plays more like Chaos Theory. It feels almost like an expansion pack for CT, since it adds really nothing to the engine. The other villain( the intelligence honcho) is far more interesting than the JSA villains. The levels though just don't have the detail that the 360 version does. The ending was more interesting as it set-up a showdown between Fisher and the intelligence guy, but since Ubisoft went with the 360 version as canon, there was no real continuation.

Overall I say just skip DA altogether as it just wasn't on the level of other SC games. Play the older ones instead though they are like 5x harder. You can get both versions cheap though, your call.
---
Total number of users on GameFAQS who I think should be thrown screaming from a helicopter:53.
#9Gunvalkyrie2Posted 3/23/2013 10:51:04 PM
Arucard05 posted...

---
It's not just a rumor, I heard it on Gamefaqs.
#10kingbahamut83Posted 3/24/2013 12:35:49 AM
barrysshoes posted...
Screw Double Agent, play the first 2 games instead.

double agent was good, better on original Xbox. While I will agree that the first game was the best, Pandora tomorrow was not that interesting to me. CT is great and I downloaded it on my 360, just wish they would have put the original up before killing that server.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
The R in my tag is apparently invisible in COD to everyone.