This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Thinking about picking up Burnout paradise...

#1TaKun782Posted 3/23/2013 9:42:13 PM
Well, i heard many great things about the game. Should i still pick it up? And even though i do how is the online? Are many people still playing the game?
---
I will never change this sig until IOI releases Freedom Fighters 2!
-First started 9-20-2009
#2RenamonPosted 3/23/2013 10:07:08 PM
Great game, but the online was rather annoying, trying to get people to play with. Even in it's prime, if you hosted a game, it took 2+ hours for people to start joining. Also doing the online challenges is annoying too because if you're trying to do a 2-7 player challenge and you have 8 people in the room you can't do it, you have to close the room and kick people out.
---
Movies that I believe will come true: Wall-E, Idiocracy
Halo 1 > all other Halo games
#3WinternovaPosted 3/23/2013 10:08:35 PM
It's one of the few racing games I own. It's a hell of a lot of fun single player. I don't even bother with multiplayer.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)
#4BeknessPosted 3/23/2013 11:49:12 PM
I only play it single player. But it's awesome IMO. I got it on console, then it was dirt cheap on Steam so I picked it up again.
---
BB<3BB 18.9.2011
No you bad
#5kingbahamut83Posted 3/24/2013 1:41:06 AM
Is the server still online? The new NFS game is basically paradise with licensed cars, although I hear the crashes are a bit more tamed.
---
Gamertag: AccursedVenom
The R in my tag is apparently invisible in COD to everyone.
#6NemerlightPosted 3/24/2013 3:04:19 AM
Yea servers are still up and you can find people.
---
Chivarly: Medieval Warfare is the best PC game of 2012.
#7Matt_Man_2004Posted 3/24/2013 5:36:00 AM
I hate it. The game tells you to get from point A to B and then your job is to navigate there without almost no guidance as fast as possible. Some people probably enjoyed the freedom but the speed the cars go at in Burnout made navigating a drag for me.

Burnout Revenge was much better for me. Repurchased it a few months back and it holds up incredibly well.
#8Dragon NexusPosted 3/24/2013 5:51:37 AM
The single player begins to feel like a grind after a while once you've unlocked most of the stuff you still have maybe 1/3 of the events left.

But the first 2/3 are brilliant fun, if sometimes a little enfuriating with the rubber banding. Thankfully you'll have the version with the shortcuts and billboards highlighted better so you can see them more easilly. I suffered for the most part through unlit and indstinct yellow blobs.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9TreewallerPosted 3/24/2013 6:25:30 AM
One of my all-time fave online games, I still pop it in periodically. I mostly play NFS Most Wanted now since it's basically Paradise 2, but Paradise had more of an emphasis on teamwork than Most Wanted that I still prefer. Finishing the checklist of 500 co-op challenges was epic.

If you get it and play online, I'll join you.
---
"Hey Sockbaby! You wanna food up with us or what?!"
Game o' the Moment: Hannah Montana - The Movie Game