This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

This is why you should never buy SOME games at launch...DLCEPTION

#1detbasketball13Posted 3/24/2013 12:37:11 AM
http://www.destructoid.com/saints-row-iv-will-have-a-very-robust-dlc-plan--249353.phtml

Now we all know Saints Row 4 was once originally a dlc expansion for Saints Row the third but then THQ needed some extra cash so they scrapped that idea to instead expand the ideas of the DLC " Enter the DOMINATRIX" into a "sequel" hence SR"4".

Now the makers of SR4 are now saying the enter the dominatrix dlc may still be dlc for the new game, so basically a dlc to be a game to be a dlc, .........

Saints Row the Third was notorious for its dlc practices when pc players unlocked most if not all the dlc THAT WAS ON DISC in the first few weeks of the game being released, while the devs pushed the " forty weeks of dlc" mantra which was universally hated by SR fans/customers who bought the season pass and purchased the game day 1.

The dlc was overpriced and still is and added little content to the game, even selling cheat codes that could be unlocked later if you played the game normally
and yes Saints row 4 will continue this practice of more "Weeks of DLC" months before the game is even released baiting gamers to sink their teeth in to that shaving cream pie.

To those of you who will buy this game ....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

wait until the game of the year edition to play the complete game, stop with the season pass nonsense
#2ChezDispenserPosted 3/24/2013 12:54:16 AM
Well, gee, I sure love being told what to do with my money. The big DLC packs added a good bit to SR3. The smaller ones I didn't buy.

It will be the same with SR4, which I am looking heartily forward to. Good day, sir, and I'll thank you not to order me around again.

*boffs top hat and saunters off.*
---
Goddamn!
#3kungfuj0Posted 3/24/2013 1:03:43 AM
I will proabably buy it, dunno if it'll be day 1, but I'll probably get it at some point. I won't get any DLC though. I'll either end up being the 'full package' version on steam for cheap at some point later down the line. Or maybe I'll just wait for Black Friday to get it.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#4mvillanueva88Posted 3/24/2013 2:50:27 AM
Yup. Learned a long time ago if your buying a game for single player, just wait a half a year when it's $20 then buy the DLC all for way under the initial $65 price tag. You'll have the complete game for cheap.
---
Sam and Robert are the hitch-hikers on the road.
--Necronomicon incantation (The Evil Dead)
#5OrgeLambartPosted 3/24/2013 3:16:49 AM
Didn't like the idea of the Saints Row DLC then or now Saints Row 3 was a quick money grab by a failing company, I'd seriously hope Saints Row 4 doesn't follow suit, I'm going to be cautiously approaching that game. Probably not going to be a day 1 purchase for me, will wait until some reviews start to roll out before I decide to pick it up or not.
#6SheepinatorPosted 3/24/2013 4:58:57 AM
Where is the deception? I bought SR3 and no DLC. For all those items I knew what was offered for the price, therefore no deception. Sounds like you're doing something wrong TC.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#7SunDevil77Posted 3/24/2013 4:59:15 AM
detbasketball13 posted...
wait until the game of the year edition to play the complete game, stop with the season pass nonsense

I will buy 3 copies on Day 1 just to make your petty stance against this game worthless.

Good day, sir.

I SAID GOOD DAY!
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#8Dragon NexusPosted 3/24/2013 8:40:22 AM
They've reportedly scrapped everything they'd made thus for for Enter the Dominatrix because it didn't fit with where they were going for SR4.
So...it's hardly a DLC game expanded to full price any more.
---
"The problem with quotes on the internet is that you can never be sure if they're true" - Abraham Lincoln
#9TrugamerPosted 3/24/2013 9:17:59 AM
I cannot believe people continue to act surprised by this as if it is something new that just started happening when it has been going on non stop since the beginning of this generation.
I have not bought a single new game since seeing Oblivion was selling horse armor for 1/12th the cost of the entire game.
I bought almost all my games new last gen probably about 40 games at full price but with the new in your face milking this gen and an increase in prices with it I just will not buy at full price ever under any circumstance , no leave that to to pre ordering fan boys .
#10TBD2009Posted 3/24/2013 9:37:59 AM
This is why, if you're in a region that supports it, you sign up for Bing Rewards, and do their silly "thirty searches a day (for fifteen credits), plus one special bonus credit" crap every day, until you hit 475 Credits, and then purchase a 400 MSP card code with the rewards.

It may take about a ~month~ to earn that 400 MSP, but it's worth it. Especially if you hate spending money on anything.

I haven't paid for DLC, or an Arcade LIVE game in... a year and a half? Two years?

The idea of wasting money on DLC was disgusting to me, so I did something about it. You can all do the same. Either don't buy DLC, or find a way to "stick it to the man".