This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new game...

#1Fabled_GamerPosted 3/24/2013 9:30:21 AM
So I've recently picked up Tomb Raider and love it but now I'm looking for a new game. I had purchased Gears of War: Judgement from NewEgg for $39.99 as part of a preorder deal, however, I have yet to open it as the game is getting mediocre reviews and honestly, the game no longer appeals to me as much as I thought it would.

I've decided to return the game to Wal-Mart without a receipt for in-store credit, (thusly, also getting $60 back for the game, netting me an extra $20).

Now I just don't know what to get. I could play it smart and use the $60 credit to purchase groceries, or I could get a new game. The games I've been tossing around for a while now are Metal Gear Rising, XCOM, God of War: Ascension, or even Bioshock next week. Any opinions on any of these games? Or can someone possibly talk me into keeping Gears of War: Judgement?
---
FaceBook: www.facebook.com/wild.wild.west42
XBL GT: WildWildWest42
#2XxTrifuzzxXPosted 3/24/2013 9:36:51 AM
In my opinion, you should wait until Tuesday to get Bioshock Infinite. Tomb Raider is really good as well, however I haven't played gears judgement so can't really recommend that.
---
Dinner Tonight - Amir Blumenfeld
#3Fabled_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 10:58:32 AM
Yeah, I think Bioshock looks cool, I'm just afraid of a short playtime, coupled with not much replayability.
---
#4DoukouPosted 3/24/2013 11:00:44 AM
Xcom or Bioshock.
---
Don't read this sig.
#5Mindwipe77Posted 3/24/2013 11:01:30 AM
bioshock or god of war, either one is win
---
Now playing-DCUO, Tomb Raider,Fire Emblem Awakening
Waiting for-Lightning Returns,Injustice CE,PS4
#6shawnmckPosted 3/24/2013 11:16:49 AM(edited)
I wish people would just decide for themselves.
Way too often someone gets a game that someone else recommended, and they end up disappointed.
Not everyone has the same tastes in games, regardless of how good or poor Review scores are.

I personally think Gears of War Judgment is better than all the games you mentioned (with the exception of Bioshock: Infinite)...but that's just me.
But again, there is no guarantee that you will like anything someone else recommends for you.
You really are better off just going to youtube to view game-play footage or walkthrough videos, and deciding for yourself.
#7thedeerzordPosted 3/24/2013 11:17:39 AM
Groceries? If you have a family that you need to feed. Go with groceries.
---
I WILL DESTROY ALL OF YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
#8Fabled_Gamer(Topic Creator)Posted 3/24/2013 6:38:16 PM
Haha naw, im in college, on spring break, and live on my own. I could potentially treat myself to some more groceries but it's not to big a deal. As for the games, I understand the decision is ultimately mine, but I was just looking for some honest opinions.
---
#9Super CreaturesPosted 3/24/2013 7:51:43 PM
Fabled_Gamer posted...
I've decided to return the game to Wal-Mart without a receipt for in-store credit, (thusly, also getting $60 back for the game, netting me an extra $20).

Now I just don't know what to get. I could play it smart and use the $60 credit to purchase groceries, or I could get a new game.

While you're there, don't forget to pick up a few specially marked bags of Frito Lay products, so you can get codes for a 14-day Gold trial, The Maw, and Toy Soldiers, and possibly share a few with the board like glassghost has been doing.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#10WinternovaPosted 3/24/2013 7:56:19 PM
XCom is fantastic...and I have Bioshock:Infinite on pre-order. :-)
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pMKUUUvjjzo
Fan of: Steelers(6-time Champions), Red Wings(11-time Champions)