This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can I rip a burned cd to my Xbox

#11beautifuldreamsPosted 3/24/2013 3:29:26 PM
burning with windows media player has worked the best for me. other programs often left me with a few songs that wouldn't rip on each CD
---
nyuuuuuuuuu~
#12thekozmicpigPosted 3/24/2013 4:05:36 PM
zmouse posted...
Couldn't you just use a flash drive?

Can't rip from flash drive to 360. If part of TC's goal is ripping, this won't work.
---
Feels like the depths of hell were unleashed upon my ass. - nivlac_rebuats
#13TBD2009Posted 3/24/2013 4:30:37 PM
Sorry to have vanished for so long... thankfully, Killah Priest answered the question for you (correctly). I prefer "disc at once" because more and more, I've got music cds where one track is supposed to "seamlessly" blend into the next one... and that short "pause" between tracks just kills the mood.

I have never used Windows Media Player to burn my discs... nor the default "burning tool" that comes with Windows (I tried with Win XP back in the day, and made a lot of coasters... and switched promptly to Nero).

If you've already burned data to the CD-RWs you're using, you might need to "format" the disc, and try re-burning to it. I don't know what else you can do to make it work.
#14Super CreaturesPosted 3/24/2013 5:32:19 PM
zmouse posted...
Couldn't you just use a flash drive?

You can't transfer music from a flash drive to the 360 HDD, and some games have features that can only use music on the 360's HDD (such as custom entrance music for WWE games and using non-streamed music in Beat Hazard).
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#15Navarex(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 5:29:53 AM(edited)
okaaaay attempt no.2

i didnt know i had to format rw's <.<

so im back to CD-Rs, and they dont rip all the way, they almost get to the end of the song then stop, [////////__]

and sadly windows doesnt have disk at once :{, so how do i "close" the session after burning?
---
omg das ofensive pls delet it -__-
this is not a sig it's a sandwich
#16baueris24Posted 3/26/2013 6:06:50 AM
Ripping songs from a burnt cd to the 360's hard drive is weird: sometimes a song will rip and sometime it won't. I've already had instances where I would rip the whole cd and some songs would give me the "no" symbol (basically the ghostbusters logo without the ghost!). I would then go back and try to rip the songs that didn't rip the first time and sometimes they would rip and sometimes they won't.

You would think that if a song didn't rip the first time that you wouldn't be able to rip it at all, but sometimes it eventually does.
#17ILikesCheesePosted 3/26/2013 6:15:31 AM
baueris24 posted...
I've already had instances where I would rip the whole cd and some songs would give me the "no" symbol (basically the ghostbusters logo without the ghost!).

NULL symbol. FYI. Not "Ghostbusters logo." :D
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#18baueris24Posted 3/26/2013 6:30:49 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
<NULL symbol. FYI. Not "Ghostbusters logo." :D

I said it was LIKE the Ghostbusters logo: not that it was the logo! Anyways thanks for the official name: I thought it was just called the No symbol!