This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Gamestop: Can you return used games you paid for, within 7 days....

#41Blade SeekerPosted 3/24/2013 11:29:14 PM
^No store (that I know of at least) will allow a refund on a new game once the plastic has been opened, if you're lucky they will exchange it for a new one.

Not entirely sure of the policy of a used game

He means the plastic sticker Gamestop sometimes puts on the case for already opened copies(gutted new and used). Unless you are careful, it has to be broken to open the case. They used to use these all the time for me but stopped. They actually stuck them in an almost shrinkwrap-like, sealed plastic baggy for awhile too. I think they've stopped this on used games in the past couple years simply due to it being a hassle but I know they used to do this on used games(where I live) as well because I won't buy gutted new copies.
---
|| Detroit Red Wings || Detroit Tigers || Detroit Pistons || Michigan Wolverines || Tampa Bay Buccaneers ||
#42realskillz1990Posted 3/25/2013 4:13:43 AM
who is such a pathetic human being that they have to abuse the return policy it only takes 1 dumbass to ruin it for the legit customers.

Get a ***ing job pathetic manchildren
---
You release your game and it has disc locked content and day 1 dlc I will just buy your game used.
#43BobberdongPosted 3/25/2013 8:26:21 AM
Blade Seeker posted...
^No store (that I know of at least) will allow a refund on a new game once the plastic has been opened, if you're lucky they will exchange it for a new one.

Not entirely sure of the policy of a used game

He means the plastic sticker Gamestop sometimes puts on the case for already opened copies(gutted new and used). Unless you are careful, it has to be broken to open the case. They used to use these all the time for me but stopped. They actually stuck them in an almost shrinkwrap-like, sealed plastic baggy for awhile too. I think they've stopped this on used games in the past couple years simply due to it being a hassle but I know they used to do this on used games(where I live) as well because I won't buy gutted new copies.

Those stickers are only for when a gutted (opened) display copy of a new game is sold.
---
Any man who's afraid of hiring the best ability he can find, is a cheat who's in a business where he doesn't belong.- Atlas Shrugged
#44_OujiDoza_Posted 3/25/2013 8:44:08 AM
realskillz1990 posted...
who is such a pathetic human being that they have to abuse the return policy it only takes 1 dumbass to ruin it for the legit customers.

Get a ***ing job pathetic manchildren

Ha! Check out this badass motha right here...
---
WOULD SMASH: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm7oX1yCFU0
#45JaydubewwPosted 3/26/2013 8:18:53 PM
OgesMC posted...
How can they track a purchase to a person? Use cash.

They don't track a purchase.. they track the return. Every time you return a game, you must have the receipt and you must sign for it. If you used a powerup card I'm sure they can track your returns through that as well.
#46Caer_DeathPosted 3/29/2013 4:57:30 AM
velvet_hammer posted...
Winternova posted...
velvet_hammer posted...
ugh no they cant... if the kid at the counter refuses, give hell until the manager or District manager does return it.. which wont happen b/c they know they have zero right to refuse a perfect condition return. I do expect the policy to change maybe to something like 3 days or so.. This is their choice, they chose to sell used games.. They wanna deal with used products you gotta back it up with a return policy..

At least in the US that is.. Whats written on the back of that receipt may as well be written in stone when it comes to the court of law.. a Judge would laugh this case out of Court and tell GS representatives you don't like your policy change it or suck it up..

You are horribly, laughably wrong on this subject. For proof, look at the actual policy:

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/help/Store%20Return%20Policy.pdf

"We reserve the right to refuse any return and to require that certain items be returned directly to the manufacturer."

So a court would throw the case out of court...but it would be to the plaintiff's disadvantage as GameStop is following their policy if they refuse a return.

(It's sad how many lay people think they know the law and confidently state erroneous information...)

wrong, I know more then the law since I practice it.. they can NOT flat our refuse a return on used product if its in the same condition as you got it within 7days and a receipt in hand

( its funny when a know it all gets the door slammed in his face )

I don't know why you would find it funny, but yeah, I agree. It's funny when you get the door slammed in your face.
---
The circle of life was founded by the god of America. Love it or leave it!
#47SoF-RamboPosted 3/29/2013 5:28:55 AM
As long as you don't switch it out for a different game, you're good. If you do, you can only get store credit.
---
Gamertag : Z0mb13S0ldier PSN : GotYourGatorade
Current Most Played : PS All-Stars, Battlefield 3, and WWE 13.
#48CapwnDPosted 3/29/2013 5:45:24 AM(edited)
*note to self: never hire a lawyer who graduated from Florida International University College of Law*

*grabs popcorn*

Wait until Walking Dead is over, then have it out.

lawyer vs lawyer...to the death!

It's not lawyer vs lawyer, it's lawyer vs somebody who watched a season of Law and Order.
---
Death to Videodrome, Long Live the New Flesh
#49Super CreaturesPosted 3/29/2013 5:45:36 PM
CaPwnD posted...
It's not lawyer vs lawyer, it's lawyer vs somebody who watched an episode of Law and Order.

Fixed.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.