This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft can you please forget about Kinect?

#21spacejamjordanzPosted 3/24/2013 10:26:58 PM
Well..then what would collect the dust in my living room?
---
"Attack me if you dare. I will crush you." Ken Masters <Street Fighter II>
#22JukainPosted 3/24/2013 10:54:47 PM
spacejamjordanz posted...
Well..then what would collect the dust in my living room?

Your PS3?

Nah but @topic, Kinect is built into Durango. So pointless whining.
---
"In peace, vigilance. In war, victory. In death, sacrifice." ~ The Grey Wardens
http://www.trueachievements.com/mygames.aspx?gamerid=71900
#23Blade_Of_IcePosted 3/24/2013 11:02:33 PM
as long as idiots keep letting their idiot kids play video games stuff like kinect which is aimed solely for children and "casual" (no real gamer) gamers will never die.
#24patrick005Posted 3/25/2013 12:19:24 AM
Complaining about Kinect is useless. It's the one "gimmick" that helps keep the XBOX 360 on top of the US retail sales chart for how many months now? They're simply not going to just forget about Kinect all of a sudden, especially considering that one XBOX 720 rumor we all know is true, is that Kinect 2.0 is going to be bundled with all next-gen xbox consoles.

In the first half of the xbox 360's lifespan, we've all said that Microsoft needs to attract the casual and kid gamers if they want to really survive the console wars. We understood that the 360 can't live on the hardcore gamers alone. Well Kinect was the answer!

You don't like Kinect for gaming? Easy solution. DON'T USE IT FOR THAT! So far Microsoft has done a good job not forcing it on our controller friendly games anyway. It's not like it got in the way of Mass Effect 3 or Halo 4 did it? Game developers will try their hand on what they can do with Kinect; because it's something new they would like to try, and they'll use it when they like it and they won't use it if they don't. It's that simple.

So stop the whining people. It's embarrassing.
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com
#25656stoogePosted 3/25/2013 12:24:22 AM
People are still defending this crap? There have been no decent games for the hardware since it's release. What is it that people see in Kinect (besides the MS logo)?
---
Meet the new love of my life--
http://itotd.com/view/80/
#26patrick005Posted 3/25/2013 1:10:34 AM
656stooge posted...
People are still defending this crap? There have been no decent games for the hardware since it's release. What is it that people see in Kinect (besides the MS logo)?

Saying "decent games" is very subjective in the first place. Everybody has their own different opinions on things. Like the Kinect.

Dance Central is an undeniably great music rhythm game, even if you don't want to get your butt off the couch. Child Of Eden is a totally different experience playing it with the Kinect over a controller. Kinect Sports allowed us to actually use our legs in sports games that actually uses legs. The Gunstringer gave us a novel method of playing a platforming shoot em up. Kung-Fu High-Impact is a fun beat em up, that also proves how the tech in Kinect is superior over the PS Eye's use with this game.

The appeal of Kinect was that we as gamers, get to try out a different way of playing games. The experience of playing many Kinect games still can't be easily replicated on a traditional controller or the Wii-mote or the PS Move.

Also last I checked, gamers are willing to try new gaming experiences. Hate Kinect all you want, but it provides just that. NEW gaming experiences. Are all those games going to be great? Of course not, but that rule also applies to games that uses the traditional controller as well you know.

Now if you don't like Kinect games. Fine. More power to you, but you did ask what people see in Kinect. Did this answer your question, or are we just going to go around in circles doing an idiotic argument about this?
Actually, I'm just going to stop right here in this thread. Moving on!
---
Opinions can be changed. Beliefs however, not so much.
- http://albert5.com
#27TheGam3925Posted 3/25/2013 1:23:41 AM
Dragon Nexus posted...
Minority of whiners vs majority of money spenders.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

I guess FFXIII doesn't suck then. Well that's settled.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#28Darkcloud20Posted 3/25/2013 1:24:14 AM
The appeal of Kinect was that we as gamers, get to try out a different way of playing games. The experience of playing many Kinect games still can't be easily replicated on a traditional controller or the Wii-mote or the PS Move.

Yes you never will feel the same inaccuracy and delay the kinect has when you use them.
---
What can change the nature of a man?
#29SavageDonzillaPosted 3/25/2013 2:13:59 AM
Funny story about the Kinect. My buddy told me he was playing NBA 2K13 and was mid-game when his wife left the room, realized she forgot something and came back. When she came back in, she forgot what she forgot and said s*** and because he has a Kinect, was hit with a technical foul in game. I pee'd a little from laughing so hard.
---
Consumers are entitled, rude d-bags and get everything they deserve.
#30CaIiber345Posted 3/25/2013 2:40:01 AM
patrick005 posted...
In the first half of the xbox 360's lifespan, we've all said that Microsoft needs to attract the casual and kid gamers if they want to really survive the console

I never said that. Maybe you and other people did, but I didn't.

I cant stand the damn thing, and I own one. I don't care about console wars and sales. I care about playing games. To do that, I need a console, a controller, and games. It's not whining; it's an opinion. Of course, I'm not so foolish to think that MS will listen. They don't care what we want. They care how much money they make sice they're a business.

So I'm putting my money where my mouth is, and I've drastically reduced the amount of money I spend on bs like MS points and the associated gamer pics, avatar crap, etc. No, my lone voice will not be heard, but I'm not embarrassed to think the way I do. Sony was quick to realize that Move wasn't going to capture the motion magic of the Wii. MS doesn't get it, unfortunately. Maybe that money could be spent better elsewhere, but we'll never know as long as Kinect is around.

IMO.

Oh, and mark my words. Kinextbox, or Kinectbox. I'm calling it now.
---
Please leave a message. I'm getting high on the digital Crack known as Minecraft.
Hail HYDRA!