This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Microsoft can you please forget about Kinect?

#51-Damien-Posted 3/25/2013 10:28:06 AM
Kinect is making MS tons of money, how can they forget about it?
#52MRL3G3NDPosted 3/25/2013 10:28:16 AM
Kinect is good at menu navigation...horribly fails as a gaming tool.

I some times come home from work and turn the box on...take off my coat...yell out MY PINS...NETFLIX from the washroom....NEXT LIST...PLAY 1 and take my shoes off and sit on the couch and pick up where I left off without lifting a finger...

...but any game I ever played with the Kinect was laggy, and at times out right unresponsive and out of control...

Yet Microsoft and it's fans continue to push it as if it works
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#53CyricsServantPosted 3/25/2013 10:29:21 AM
-Damien- posted...
Kinect is making MS tons of money, how can they forget about it?

Roofies?
#54nothingbeastPosted 3/25/2013 11:04:10 AM
Augmented1 posted...
Kinect is a spy cam disguised as a gimmick.

I do find it humorous all the people using this and other Big Brother paranoia. Like they don't already have 20 other devices in their house right now that can do the same thing.

That is if anyone cared to spy on you. And no one does.

Kinect has sold, what, 18 million? You have any idea how many man-hours a corporation would have to spend watching that many households? That's a heluva lot of hours of people in their underwear, waving.

Maybe they could sell it to some soft-core pron site for lonely people.... Not exactly what I expect from an "evil conglomerate bent on ruling the world".
---
~I was stomping goombas and saving princesses long before most of you were born.
#55CaIiber345Posted 3/25/2013 2:40:45 PM
Rolen47 posted...
I'm sorry, Dave, I'm afraid I can't do that.

+10 interwebz
---
Please leave a message. I'm getting high on the digital Crack known as Minecraft.
Hail HYDRA!
#56Super CreaturesPosted 3/25/2013 4:19:29 PM
seankimberley42 posted...
I'm willing to bet money that the vast majority of those kinects were bundled with a console,

But, if they weren't interested in Kinect, why would they buy the Kinect bundle, instead of spending $100 less for just the console?

seankimberley42 posted...
much like the sales figures for Wii sports or any other game that came packaged in a bundle.

Wii Sports is different, all Wiis came with it, where as the Kinect is only packaged in specific Kinect bundles.

The only bundle I know of that a person would have bought that came with a Kinect without buying that bundle specifically because it included Kinect (as I said, why would someone not interested in it buy the bundle that is $100 more expensive, instead of saving that $100 and just buying the standard system package) was the Limited Edition Star Wars bundle.

Every other system bundled with Kinect would have been just the basic 4GB or 250GB Slim, which are usually far easier to find, and $100 cheaper, than the systems bundled with Kinect.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.