This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Install game using different XBOX to HDD - Use on own with disc?

#1OemeniaPosted 3/24/2013 4:02:10 PM
I used my cousins XBOX to install some games to my HDD since my drive has issue installing new games. However when I put it back on my HDD and put the disc in, it does not stop spinning meaning that the installation is not being used?

Does this mean that even game installs have DRM on them?
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#2Killah PriestPosted 3/24/2013 4:03:02 PM
you have to install it using your console.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3Super CreaturesPosted 3/24/2013 4:05:22 PM
Game installs are tied to the serial number of the console used to install the disc, so you cannot use an install made on one console on a different console, because the serial number is not going to match.
---
R.I.P. Eve English (Feb. 12, 1968 - Oct. 13, 2010)
Momma Eve, you will be missed.
#4Oemenia(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 5:52:58 AM
Wow stupid M$ DRM, what harm does it do to let people play the games they OWN...
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#5RollnThunder213Posted 3/25/2013 7:17:53 AM
I'm sorry to say you actually don't OWN any of the games. You just pay for the license to use it.

Also it's not MS fault you have a broken disk drive. Get it fixed and don't b**** because they're doing something that protects the illegal distribution of an IP that isn't taxing on the player beyond having a working Xbox 360.
---
"No control beyond these skies"
GT: RollnThunder213
#6Oemenia(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 9:36:36 AM(edited)
RollnThunder213 posted...
I'm sorry to say you actually don't OWN any of the games. You just pay for the license to use it.

Also it's not MS fault you have a broken disk drive. Get it fixed and don't b**** because they're doing something that protects the illegal distribution of an IP that isn't taxing on the player beyond having a working Xbox 360.
*Sigh* we always get these guys dont we in these threads.

Oh well, PS3 versions it is for me then...
---
100% PC/PS3/360