This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Great, just when the Rock Band add-on spam is ending, Gears begins...

#21King_BurnoutPosted 3/25/2013 7:50:11 AM
btw it's not Rock band rage, it's Misinformation rage.

I couln't care less if Rock band continues. I do care when people spread misinformation.
#22KillaBeAtPosted 3/25/2013 7:52:27 AM
This is such a strange topic...

I didn't even know people still played Rock Band.
---
84% of people make up their statistics. If you are one of the 16% that don't, put this in your signature.
#23Megaman_CrazyPosted 3/25/2013 7:55:27 AM
Yeah, sorry guys. The Rockband Stuff isn't stopping. Official DLC stops next Tuesday, but RBN is still going in full force. Now you'll only get spammed on Thursday, instead of Tuesday and Thursday though.

That probably doesn't make it better though. I actually agree with you guys, the RB spam is completely unnecessary, since anyone who still cares about Rockband just checks the site weekly to see what is announced. We know about it far before it hits the xbox. lol
---
AWS Brawl: Rockband DLC: ~1350
#24HMXTaylor_LeePosted 3/25/2013 8:00:18 AM
Megaman_Crazy posted...
Yeah, sorry guys. The Rockband Stuff isn't stopping. Official DLC stops next Tuesday, but RBN is still going in full force. Now you'll only get spammed on Thursday, instead of Tuesday and Thursday though.

That probably doesn't make it better though. I actually agree with you guys, the RB spam is completely unnecessary, since anyone who still cares about Rockband just checks the site weekly to see what is announced. We know about it far before it hits the xbox. lol

With Rock Band Network stuff, I have no idea how to check when things are coming out. It just sort of "appears". Like, yesterday, a random song by Jeff Ball just showed up on the XBL marketplace.

I love that they implemented a trial system with these songs, but I completely understand the unhappiness that browsers may experience when it comes to bloating the marketplace.

I think when Rock Band Network first came out, on Rock Band 2, only the full song showed up - the trial had to be downloaded within the Rock Band Music Store via the game itself. Don't know why that changed.
#25SupernautusPosted 3/25/2013 9:25:54 AM
I think working out a way to stop RBN stuff from showing up on the new releases page would be fine, let RBN users see what's available by accessing the RBN app or the game itself, they do that already.
#26FredSavage27Posted 3/26/2013 9:48:05 PM(edited)
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
With Rock Band Network stuff, I have no idea how to check when things are coming out. It just sort of "appears". Like, yesterday, a random song by Jeff Ball just showed up on the XBL marketplace.

RBN songs show up in the marketplace a few days after they pass peer review, and the in-game store updates on Thursdays. Harmonix recommend waiting for the store to update because sometimes the author notices something wrong at the last minute, and you'd have to buy the song again (though that hasn't happened in a while)

And yes, the RBN stuff will still "spam" the Marketplace for the foreseeable future, but you don't have to take take my word for it:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bsoYUKMJsNw
I mean...
http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?p=4983528#post4983528

hmxhenry wrote
Will the Rock Band Network continue to release content on a regular basis?

The current plan is for Harmonix to continue to support the backend technology that powers Rock Band Network on the Xbox 360 for the foreseeable future. Users on the Xbox 360 should be able to submit new content, test, and release as they have been for the last 3 years. It's important to note that this architecture relies on other technologies not directly in Harmonix's control, including the XNA architecture for submission. In the event that our ability to keep RBN up and running changes, we'll make sure to let everyone in the Creators community know with as much lead time as possible.