This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So I have come to a conclusion. Xbox Live Gold has to go...

#21BlueJester007Posted 3/25/2013 8:53:42 AM(edited)
Solnot
CyricsServant
RPGNinja123
TheBlueStig
TrickyPony
Vigorm0rtis
JakeTheNoob
Jukain
Kneesock
ChezDispenser
CrimsonStryke28
PotHocket
GlassGhost0
DannyYaq
CheeseandToast
OmegaBlades
OverBurdened
Wrex
Sheperd
BlueJester007
SeanKimberley42
MadGreg666
---
Mal: If anyone gets nosy, just...you know... shoot 'em.
Zoe: Shoot 'em? Mal: Politely.
#22seankimberley42Posted 3/25/2013 8:22:25 AM
dannyaq posted...
Do you also want them to make a profit on console sales like they should? Instead of taking a loss on them should they sell consoles for $800 or whatever would get them the same profit margin as selling a dvd player or computer or other electronics? Or should they sell the xbox at a price which is less than what it costs them to manufacture just like they always have?

Although I don't agree with TC, this is ridiculous. Consoles have almost always been sold at a loss long before MS started charging for gold. The money is made on the sale of games and peripherals.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice
#23madgreg666Posted 3/25/2013 8:48:04 AM
So if you don't use the service, you won't pay for it, but if it's free than you're all for using it. I guess the same holds true for...... i don't know, everything that has ever existed in the universe that costs money. Have fun dealing with life.
---
XBL: madgregXTX
2009 Yamaha Nytro XTX - 1750miles - Wheres the snow? Not in New England anymore!
#24ILikesCheesePosted 3/25/2013 10:01:12 AM
Solnot posted...
90% of the sales don't require a Gold membership.

Doncha love it when people make up numbers?
---
If you're omnipotent and all-powerful...why would you need to REST? On the 7th or ANY day?
#25gabriusPosted 3/25/2013 10:29:23 AM
http://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff508/gabecjr/LOL/Solnot_zps9ebb4bff.jpg
---
SHOOTEMUP
/XBL|PSN\ - Gabrius
#26TrickyPonyPosted 3/25/2013 11:47:52 AM
Solnot
CyricsServant
RPGNinja123
TheBlueStig
TrickyPony
Vigorm0rtis
JakeTheNoob
Jukain
Kneesock
ChezDispenser
CrimsonStryke28
PotHocket
GlassGhost0
DannyYaq
CheeseandToast
OmegaBlades
OverBurdened
Wrex
Sheperd
BlueJester007
SeanKimberley42
MadGreg666

I took the liberty of bolding my name
#27dannyaqPosted 3/25/2013 1:30:03 PM
seankimberley42 posted...
dannyaq posted...
Do you also want them to make a profit on console sales like they should? Instead of taking a loss on them should they sell consoles for $800 or whatever would get them the same profit margin as selling a dvd player or computer or other electronics? Or should they sell the xbox at a price which is less than what it costs them to manufacture just like they always have?

Although I don't agree with TC, this is ridiculous. Consoles have almost always been sold at a loss long before MS started charging for gold. The money is made on the sale of games and peripherals.

yes exactly my point. hence why other things are often paid for at an inflated cost. robust online options are not something that has always exsisted and when online or similar options did exist, they usually came with some kind of cost like paying for the online adapter.
---
There are only 10 types of people, those who understand binary and those who don't