This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

OK, wtf XBL?

#1superstud69xPosted 3/25/2013 12:41:31 AM
So I go to sign in to my xbox live account to play some Banjo-Tooie, and it tells me to log in with my email and password. So I try and it tells me wrong password, which is fair since I haven't changed it in roughly 2 years and may have forgotten part of it. So I go to xbox.com to change my password, and then on my xbox it still says "wrong password", but if I press the guide button on my controller it exits that screen and takes me to the dashboard where I'm logged into Live. I go back to xbox.com to make sure the new password is actually correct, and it is. So I turn off my XBOX and try to sign in again when it turns back on. Same thing with the "enter email/password" and "wrong password" but again when I press the guide button it says I'm logged in.

So, does it take longer for the XBOX itself to realize the passwords changed or what? Am I gonna have to do this every time I go on Live now?
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#2GGearXPosted 3/25/2013 12:51:20 AM
It takes a while. When I changed my password it took me a few hours. Dont worry.
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#3superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 12:55:47 AM
OK, thanks, just wanted to make sure, since it was instantaneous on my PC. Thank you.
---
Humankind cannot gain anything without first giving something in return. To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
#4superstud69x(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 1:11:13 AM
OK, it was STILL doing it, and for some reason it would still log me in while telling me the account and password combo was wrong. But it wouldn't let me DL anything from the marketplace.

Apparently, you have to delete your profile, clear the main HDD cache 3 times and then re-download your profile. Royal pain in the ass, but oh well it works now.
---