This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Do you ever turn down hanging out with friends to video game alone?

#21SoincMetalPosted 3/25/2013 12:47:42 PM
Used to when I was younger, friends would be like yea he plays final fantasy lol. Then they started play lmao.
---
SonicMetal? See the error in my name! I Skate DGK All Day. Brawl FC:4511-0201-6892
#22HMXTaylor_LeePosted 3/25/2013 1:33:43 PM
RoboT_Ripper posted...

Describing myself.

We should be introverted together. However that would work.

I spend an awful lot of time by my lonesome. Only I'm not lonely. I'm perfectly content to be left to my own devices. Music, writing, gaming, watching.

They call it strange, but the other soldiers in my unit always wanted to go out drinking or something, and they always wanted me to go with them. I went once, watched them drink themselves into a stupor, and then brought them back to post.

I don't think I've ever declined an invitation specifically to play games, but to spend time doing what I've outlined above, I have.

I've made excuses to get out of it too.
#23DragoonAngerPosted 3/25/2013 1:39:40 PM
I'm around people all the time. Sometimes I just want to sit down and enjoy a game.
---
http://img392.imageshack.us/img392/863/kenshiroqs6.gif
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f328/extremejon/1206682497641.png
#24RoboT_RipperPosted 3/25/2013 1:52:35 PM
HMXTaylor_Lee posted...
RoboT_Ripper posted...

Describing myself.

We should be introverted together. However that would work.

I spend an awful lot of time by my lonesome. Only I'm not lonely. I'm perfectly content to be left to my own devices. Music, writing, gaming, watching.

They call it strange, but the other soldiers in my unit always wanted to go out drinking or something, and they always wanted me to go with them. I went once, watched them drink themselves into a stupor, and then brought them back to post.

I don't think I've ever declined an invitation specifically to play games, but to spend time doing what I've outlined above, I have.

I've made excuses to get out of it too.

That's exactly it. I wish I would have understood this about myself when I was younger. I thought I was weird. I always thought it would be unsurprising to me if I found out I was an alien. Then I discovered introversion/extroversion and everything became crystal clear.
---
-Robo-
#25DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/25/2013 1:55:36 PM
If I get a new game and my friends want to hang out, I usually just tell them no because I want to game. The gamers understand, the non-gamers think it's funny but they know that's what I'm into. Also, LOL @ the guy who called soccer football.
#26VamarPosted 3/25/2013 2:02:21 PM
Not deliberately, no.

I work nights, they work days, so our schedules rarely meet up. That, and my closest friend is nearly an hour's drive away.
#27masblasPosted 3/25/2013 2:06:12 PM
I don't have friends because having them is overrated and I don't need them but if I did I still wouldn't spend time with them because gaming is my life.

My only friends are my collection of 96 Xbox 360 games.
#28TrugamerPosted 3/25/2013 2:10:09 PM
Only if I am really into a game and jonesing on it bad have I ever done that.

Otherwise it would just be a personal choice of just not feeling like I want to hang out in the first place.
#29coldblooded88Posted 3/25/2013 2:18:41 PM
Nope, well there was this one time but only because I didn't have money to spend at the bar....and I had just started Skyrim that day.
---
"When you do things right, people wont be sure you've done anything at all."