This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many years have you had your XBL gold account?

#1AWarAmp84Posted 3/25/2013 7:15:36 AM
question in topic title. - Results (46 votes)
Less than a year.
2.17% (1 votes)
1-2 years.
8.7% (4 votes)
3-4 years.
28.26% (13 votes)
5-6 years.
32.61% (15 votes)
7-8 years.
8.7% (4 votes)
8+ years.
19.57% (9 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'm not sure if this is something to be proud of or ashamed of but I'm on my ninth year. What can I say, aside from golf(haters are gonna hate)and my fiance', gaming is one of my favourite pastimes.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#2richboy900Posted 3/25/2013 7:20:15 AM
From late 2005 for me. I never had or played live on the original xbox though, just 360
#3GGearXPosted 3/25/2013 7:21:27 AM
I wonder how XBL was back then. Was it better?
---
GT: KryDamoure
.............I'm a very shy guy....... *blushes *
#4SunDevil77Posted 3/25/2013 7:23:26 AM
Since the beginning of time...well, Xbox Live's time, at least. My classic account was jacked during the Xbox to 360 transformation.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#5AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:27:37 AM(edited)
GGearX posted...

It was so much more simple. You had a basic friends list and if I'm not mistaken, all DLC was free although there wasn't too much of it. No ads, no bulls***.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#6NessPaulaJeffPoPosted 3/25/2013 7:28:03 AM
Since Crimson Skies in '03.

My GT was The Happening, which was an inside joke among friends, but then that movie came out and I refused to be associated with it, so I had to spend $10 to change it.
---
Sorry, this is a gaming message board. We don't play games, we just complain about them.
#7NessPaulaJeffPoPosted 3/25/2013 7:30:10 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
GGearX posted...

It was so much more simple. You had a basic friends list and if I'm not mistaken, all DLC was free although there wasn't too much of it. No ads, no bulls***.

Most DLC was free or cheap. I remember when the Halo2 maps came out, they were $10 for nine... NINE maps. AND, if you waited just six months, they were all free.

It sucks that Original Xbox Live is gone. God, how I miss Spies vs. Mercs. Even if you're able to play System Link, you can't download the patches and free maps anymore, and that snow map from Chaos Theory was amazing fun.
---
Sorry, this is a gaming message board. We don't play games, we just complain about them.
#8AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:32:00 AM
NessPaulaJeffPo posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
GGearX posted...

Most DLC was free or cheap. I remember when the Halo2 maps came out, they were $10 for nine... NINE maps. AND, if you waited just six months, they were all free.

It sucks that Original Xbox Live is gone. God, how I miss Spies vs. Mercs. Even if you're able to play System Link, you can't download the patches and free maps anymore, and that snow map from Chaos Theory was amazing fun.

By snow map you mean Polar Base. And yes, I miss the Chaos Theory spy vs merc days.
---
#9OmegaBladesPosted 3/25/2013 7:33:24 AM
It's been 10 years for me. Probably my last though. I'm no longer seeing a purpose for XBL anymore since all of feature that were once exclusive to it is available on every other platform as well, I don't see the point to pay for it now.
---
Steam, PSN, XBL & Nintendo ID: OmegaBlades
3DS: 1032-1408-2462
#10SunDevil77Posted 3/25/2013 7:37:55 AM
Quote:GGearX posted...

@AWarAmp84
It wasn't all free. I bought a couple, like Battlefront 2's new Jedi/Maps pack.

A good amount of retail game came with 2 months of XBL gold, too.

Way more people used their mics

But XBL now is pretty damn great
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care