This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many years have you had your XBL gold account?

#11NessPaulaJeffPoPosted 3/25/2013 7:41:33 AM
AWarAmp84 posted...
NessPaulaJeffPo posted...
AWarAmp84 posted...
GGearX posted...
I wonder how XBL was back then. Was it better?

It was so much more simple. You had a basic friends list and if I'm not mistaken, all DLC was free although there wasn't too much of it. No ads, no bulls***.

Most DLC was free or cheap. I remember when the Halo2 maps came out, they were $10 for nine... NINE maps. AND, if you waited just six months, they were all free.

It sucks that Original Xbox Live is gone. God, how I miss Spies vs. Mercs. Even if you're able to play System Link, you can't download the patches and free maps anymore, and that snow map from Chaos Theory was amazing fun.

By snow map you mean Polar Base. And yes, I miss the Chaos Theory spy vs merc days.

Yeah, I forgot the name. They say Spies vs. Mercs is coming back for Blacklist but my expectations are extremely low. Maybe they'll shock us and bring back the glory days.
---
Sorry, this is a gaming message board. We don't play games, we just complain about them.
#12MRL3G3NDPosted 3/25/2013 7:43:31 AM
10 years...xbox live on the original xbox was cool

they had a voice masking feature...that was useless to me but some people made good of the different types...

people think horse armor was the fist DLC lol

from the results I see most of xboxs fans come from this gen...too bad...because last gen was really better
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#13AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:44:07 AM
SunDevil77 posted...
Quote:GGearX posted...
I wonder how XBL was back then. Was it better?

It was so much more simple. You had a basic friends list and if I'm not mistaken, all DLC was free although there wasn't too much of it. No ads, no bulls***.

@AWarAmp84
It wasn't all free. I bought a couple, like Battlefront 2's new Jedi/Maps pack.

A good amount of retail game came with 2 months of XBL gold, too.

Way more people used their mics

But XBL now is pretty damn great

Yeah, times have changed, that's for sure. There were a lot less trolls/ignorant POS back then too.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#14AWarAmp84(Topic Creator)Posted 3/25/2013 7:46:20 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
10 years...xbox live on the original xbox was cool

they had a voice masking feature...that was useless to me but some people made good of the different types...

people think horse armor was the fist DLC lol

from the results I see most of xboxs fans come from this gen...too bad...because last gen was really better

Oh yeah! I forgot about the voice masking. I had fun with that for a while.
---
Before you comment on one of my posts, please research the Dunning-Kruger effect. Best game of all time: Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory.
#15kungfuj0Posted 3/25/2013 8:34:46 AM
Was on xbox live since the MechAssault days on original xbox.

Played the hell out of that MA, Forza 1, and Crimson Skies. Still have alot of friends from Forza 1, come to think of it.

And it was indeed better. DLC at most cost like $5. No ads to deal with. No having to go through tons of useless crap to get to the stuff I want. It was just ...better.
---
Alabama Crimson Tide: Now serving title #15..
ROLL TIDE ROLL!!!
#16seankimberley42Posted 3/25/2013 8:46:12 AM
Since the day it came out. Played the hell out of the motogp demo. You could play every track in the game for as long as you wanted. And just pointing out, out of the 20+ games I owned DLC for, none of it was free when it came out, and I believe only Halo DLC was free after half a year.
---
Twilight is like Soccer: 2 hours of people running around, no one scoring and millions of fans telling me I don't get it. - Maliice