This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Netfilix losing subscribers because people have to pay for Xbox Live Gold?

#11glassghost0Posted 3/25/2013 8:53:08 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#12TBD2009Posted 3/25/2013 11:38:13 AM
OKRecords1138 posted...
I think Netflix's biggest problem is its lack of selection.

^This right here, is the biggest reason Netflix loses subscriptions. Back when they had the DVD+Streaming plan for ten dollars, they weren't so Hellbent on removing shows/movies from their Streaming service, just to attempt to con you into getting the DVD plan, to watch something. Now, it's like they're going out of their way to hobble their Streaming selection, and chase away paying customers.

If I had a nickle for every time I had a show prompt a: "Expires on ____" warning, forcing me to do a viewing binge, I'd be rich. THAT is what's killing their subscriptions. Not LIVE.
#13psxphreakPosted 3/25/2013 12:27:46 PM
When the next xbox requires a subscription just to function, itll be the fault of all those morons who gave microsoft $ for peer to peer online multiplayer and party chat.

Its going to happen, too. Meanwhile on everything that isnt xbox, you don have to worry about getring nickel and dimed to death for every service.

I bet microsoft would charge money just to turn the console on if they could. This is the same company that charges $130 for a measily 320GB hardrive...
#14SunDevil77Posted 3/25/2013 12:32:20 PM
psxphreak posted...
charges $130 for a measily 320GB hardrive...

How much are memory cards for Vitas? Oh...that's right. And MS allows any flashdrive up to 32 gigs to be used with a 360.
---
I hate listening to dreams. It's like flipping through a stack of pictures. If I'm not in any of them, and nobody's having sex, I just...don't care
#15Halochief6Posted 3/25/2013 12:32:37 PM
psxphreak posted...
When the next xbox requires a subscription just to function, itll be the fault of all those morons who gave microsoft $ for peer to peer online multiplayer and party chat.

Its going to happen, too.

Not sure if serious...
---
"Please explain to me how a dog can help a blind person see the difference in 720p to 1080p in tv sets under 32"?" - NakedSnake1986
#16VamarPosted 3/25/2013 12:59:58 PM
No, they started losing subscribers once they came up wih the brilliant idea of seperating instant streaming from thier discs by mail plans.
#17MonoculusPosted 3/25/2013 1:32:29 PM
psxphreak posted...
charges $130 for a measily 320GB hardrive...

How much are memory cards for Vitas? Oh...that's right. And MS allows any flashdrive up to 32 gigs to be used with a 360.

That's apples and oranges. A custom flash-based memory card vs a generic HDD. I can't buy another brand of Vita card, but I ought to be able to use any standard 2.5" HDD in my 360, and pay a third of the price or less. I agree the Vita memory cards are terrible and probably the largest flaw of the system at the moment, but it's certainly not the same thing.

Back on topic, the PS3 and even the Wii each account for a larger share of the total Netflix streamers than the 360. Take that as you will.
---
XBL: RandomTag529 | Steam/PSN: FEGuy | 3DS FC: 2466-1889-8046
NES|SNES|PSX|N64|GC|X360|Wii|PS3|PC|GB|GBC|GBA|DS|PSP|Lite|3DS|Xperia Play|Vita|3DS XL
#18twopinacoladasPosted 3/25/2013 6:05:04 PM
One more reason I am glad I got a PS3 Netflix is useful and I haven't bothered with Live Gold since late 2008. Its nice having an option to go online once in a while if I want to without having to pay a premium when it is a feature I rarely use. Actually I rarely use my 360 either so I guess it make sense I would rarely ever go online. Although its almost tempting at times I just don't think the amount I might use it would justify the cost.
---
www.itstimetosplit.com
#19DrFeelgood1984Posted 3/25/2013 6:08:19 PM
Solnot posted...
People don't want to pay for Gold just to be able to watch TV episodes and movies on their 360s. They just want to pay for Netflix. Why hasn't Netflix filed a lawsuit against Microsoft about this issue?

I have Gold, but still don't use Netflix on 360 because the quality is poor compared to PS3. Not sure why, but it looks better on PS3. I think most people have a PS3, PC, or other device to stream Netflix anyway so it's not a big deal.
#20DieMyBridePosted 3/25/2013 6:10:44 PM
OKRecords1138 posted...
I think Netflix's biggest problem is its lack of selection.

Definitely. They didn't have the original 1960s Psycho but they had the 1998 remake.
---
XboxLive GT:JoeStillLife